Ch 43: This Might Just Make me Come

Evie POV:

I hadn't said much on the way to Asmos's hotel.

How could I? I just learned he was a former rogue.

A pack less wolf.

A wolf with no laws rules or morals.

Like the kind that killed my brother, his mate, and my future niece.

But he made a pack. He made rules.

He still lacked morals.

Luckily when we arrived to the the shockingly lush hotel suite. The largest one in the hotel -a habit I noticed of his- he didn't question my slinking off to the bathroom and starting the utterly massive jacuzzi tub.

I have been in it surrounded by bubbles for fuck knows how long and he has yet to open the door but if I actually pay attention to my wolf senses I can hear him typing something.

I just needed some time to myself.

Asmos didn't say anything else about his pack or his history. He just left it at the fact he was a rogue.

I closed my eyes, wanting to sleep but knowing I shouldn't, not in a bathtub.

It has just been an exhausting day.

My eyelids felt like weights.

At least they did until there was a short knock on the bathroom door, "I am coming in Evie."

He didn't wait more than three seconds before opening it.

My eyes were glued to his shirtless form.

He was wearing sweats.

I have never seem him in anything so relaxed. Frankly on the stern man it made me want to giggle.

But more importantly, I noticed the room service tray in his hand, "I took the liberty of ordering you some food since you have not eaten." Setting it on the stone shelf on side of the tube he removed the lids, "seared duck breast with cherries and port sauce, some sort of vegetable medley and a chocolate soufflé." He eyed the food for a moment, "I wasn't really sure if you liked duck this way but I recall you saying you favored the bird."

"I do.."

"There is also wine but I am unsure if you took your pills."

I was dumbfounded. "I haven't."

"Then would you like a glass?"

"What kind of wine?"

"Pinot Noir. I told them to bring whatever paired well."

Ohh yummy. "I would love a glass... are you eating?"

"My food is out in the room."

I eyed the large man for a moment, seeing this for what it was.

A peace offering.