#3:WAHB BIN QABUS AL MUZANI: (رضي الله عنه)..

Islam is a religion of great virtues, etiquette and manners. One such quality that is enshrined in the history of Islam amongst the pious predecessors of the distant past is the quality of courage and bravery.

The Companions  (رضي الله عنهم) showed valour on and off the battlefield. Stories of their endurance, perseverance and above all, their love for Allah and His Prophet s.a.w served to ignite the generations to come. They were so immersed in their obedience to the Holy Prophet SAW that they became ever-ready to bear every hardship and difficulty for this.

The Blessed Sahabah displayed great sacrifice and heroism during the Battle of Uhud. Fear of death was unknown to the Companions.
They were therefore most fearless and courageous. One of the bravest Sahabah on that day was Wahb Bin Qabus Al-Muzani (May Allah be pleased with him).

He was a shepherd who lived in a village near Madina. One day he came to Madina to see the Holy Prophet. He was accompanied by his nephew, and his herd of goats.

In Madina, Wahab came to know that the Holy Prophet had left for Uhud where he was fighting against the Quraish. He left his nephew and his goats at Madina, and himself proceeded to Uhud.

When he reached Uhud, the battle was at its thickest. A group of the Quraish was at the time advancing to attack the Holy Prophet. It was a critical situation, and turning to his companions the Holy Prophet said:

"He who disperses these people will be my companion in the Paradise."
Hearing the call, Wahab rushed at the advancing Quraish. Some were killed and the rest were put to flight. The Holy Prophet watched Wahab overpower the Quraish group single handed. When Wahab after the flight of the Quraish came to the Holy Prophet, he was given the tidings of Paradise. Wahab was intoxicated with pleasure at these tidings.

As soon as he heard these tidings, Wahab took his sword, and rushed to the enemy line. He dashed against the enemy as a hill torrent would dash against the rock making its way. Killing right and left he penetrated deep into the enemy line. He was surrounded by the enemy on all sides. He received many wounds but he went on playing havoc in the ranks of the enemy. The blood flowed profusely from his wounds, and then he fell dead on the battle-field.

When the battle was over, and the Muslims collected the dead bodies of all the martyrs, the Holy Prophet stood by his dead body and said:
"O Wahab, you have pleased me. May Allah be pleased with you."

Although the Holy Prophet was himself wounded, he led the funeral prayer of Wahab, and stood on his grave until he was put in the burial place. Umar(ra) who was present said that in the battle of Uhud none surpassed Wahab in bravery.

Thereafter Umar bin Al-Khattaab, may Allah be pleased with him, would say, "I never envied anybody more than Wahb (radiyallahu'anhu). I wish I could appear before Allah ta'ala with a record as good as his."

What is it in the life of Wahb that makes an illustrious and exalted person like 'Umar envy him. It is the same spirit of sacrifice for the sake of Allah ta'ala and His Nabi (sallallahu'alaihi wasallam), even though 'Umar and other sahabah have better deeds.

Bilaal bin Al-Haarith Al-Muzani, may Allah be pleased with him, related

We attended [the Battle of] Al-Qaadisiyyah with Sa'd bin Abi Waqqaas, may Allah be pleased with him, and when Allah granted us victory and the spoils were distributed among us, a young man belonging to the family of Qaaboos of Muzaynah was left out. I brought him to Sa'd when he woke up, and he enquired, "Bilaal?" I answered in the affirmative. He welcomed me and asked me about the man who was in my company. I said, "He is a young man from my people, belonging to the family of Qaaboos." Sa'd, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "What is your relationship, O young man, from Al-Muzani who was killed on the Day of Uhud?" He said, "I am his nephew."

Sa'd said, "Welcome! May Allah please the eye with seeing you. I saw from this man [your paternal uncle] something on the Day of Uhud I have never seen from anyone else. I saw that the Mushriks had encircled us from all sides, and the Messenger of Allah  sallallaahu  'alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) was standing among us, and divisions appeared from every side.

The Messenger of Allah  sallallaahu  'alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) was scrutinizing the people and saying: 'Who can face that division?' Every time [he said so] Al-Muzani, replied, 'I, O Messenger of Allah.' He averted a division every time. However, I cannot forget the last time he stood, whereupon the Messenger of Allah  sallallaahu  'alayhi  wa  sallam  said: 'Stand, and receive the glad tidings of Paradise.'

Sa'd, may Allah be pleased with him, resumed, "I stood after him, and Allah knows that I hoped for the same martyrdom he had hoped for on that day. We plunged into their circle, and then returned, and the second time - they killed him  may  Allaah  have  mercy  upon  him and I wished, by Allah, that I would have been killed with him on that day. However, the term of my death was delayed."

Sa'd immediately asked for his [own] share which he gave to him [this young man from the family of Qaboos], and more besides. He said to him, "You are given the freedom to choose whether to stay with us or return to your family." [Bilaal, may Allah be pleased with him, said], "He wants to return." Thus, he returned.

Sa'd, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "I bear witness that I saw the Messenger of Allah  sallallaahu  'alayhi  wa  sallam  standing by his side after he had been killed, saying, "May Allah be pleased with you, for I am pleased with you." Then, I saw the Messenger of Allah  sallallaahu  'alayhi  wa  sallam  having stood on his grave, in spite of his severe injury, and I knew that standing was difficult for him, until he was put in the burial place having over him a Burdah [sheet] with green marks.

The Messenger of Allah  sallallaahu  'alayhi  wa  sallam  stretched the Burdah over his head and covered it. As it was too short to cover but half of his legs, he commanded us to collect rue and place it on [the remaining portion of] his legs, while he was in his burial place. Then he turned away. There is no state in which I would like to die, and meet Allah that is dearer to me than that of Al-Muzani, may Allah be pleased with him.

This is what faith does for the believers. Wahb Al-Muzani , may Allah be pleased with him, left his sheep in Madeenah and joined the ranks of fighting Muslims and was eager to attain martyrdom, thereupon Allah The Almighty honored him with it. The effect of that heroism drawn by Al-Muazni, may Allah be pleased with him, remained in the memory of the Companions, may Allah be pleased with them. Nearly thirteen years after the Battle of Uhud, Sa'd bin Abi Waqqaas remembered it immediately once he heard the name of a man belonging to the clan of Al-Muzani, and hoped to die and meet Allah The Almighty in a state like that in which Al-Muzani died.

SUBHANALLAH....
This shows how the companions valued the hereafter and the love they had for the prophet(saw)..

Don't forget to comment, vote and share...
I hope you learn something from this stories....i would like to hear your thoughts...