#26:;SA'ID IBN AAMIR AL-JUMAHI (رضي الله عنه) :THE POOR GOVERNOR.

Does any of us know this man or have any of us ever heard his name before? Most probably, the majority of us, if not all, have not heard his name mentioned before. I imagine that you wonder, who is Sa'id Ibn Aamir? Well, you are about to embark on a journey back in time so as to find out all that there is to be known about this great man(may Allah be pleased with him)..

This  young man Sa'id  Ibn 'Aamir Al-Jumahi, may Allah be pleased with him, was one of the thousands who had gone to At-Tan'eem, on the outskirts of Makkah, in answer to the call of the chieftains of the tribe of Quraysh, to witness the death of Khubayb Ibn 'Adiyy, may Allah be pleased with him, one of  the companions of Muhammad  sallallaahu  'alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allah exalt his mention ). They had just captured him by means of treachery.

With time men from other regions came together forming a huge crowd all walking behind Quraish leaders Abu Sufyan and Safwan ibn Umayyah to the execution spot. The expectation was high and the lust for blood known with the Quraish mushrikun was fully reactivated. Sa'id al-Jumahi RA who had pushed into the crowd with a youthful vigor found a vantage position in a place directly facing Khubaib RA who was already at the execution point.

The leaders of Quraish decided to take the life of this noble personality in the presence of all the Makkan as a way of showing their total hatred for Islam and the Muslims and as a warning to the convinced minds among the Maccan.

They were called to witness the type of torture and painful death that would be their lots if they abandon the religion of their ancestors. They were also to avenge themselves upon Muhammad SAW through him, and by his death take revenge for those of them who had fallen at the battle of Badr.

When the swelling crowd had all gathered at the execution point the tall, youthful Sa'eed, may Allah be pleased with him, stood looking down at Khubayb, may Allah be pleased with him, as he was being set forward to be killed. Through the shouts of the women and children, he heard his calm, steady voice saying: "If you would allow me to make two Rak'ahs (units) of prayer before my death, then do so."

Sa'eed, may Allah be pleased with him, watched as the whole atmosphere went solemn and spiritual as Khubaib RA  calmly turned towards the direction of Kaabah, and how lovely, how composed and how perfectly measured are those invaluable two Rakaats of ibn Khubaib RA in the midst of thousands of Kuffar, Subhanallah!!

Then Sa'eed, may Allah be pleased with him, saw him turn towards the leader of the people saying: "I swear by Allah if you did not think I was taking too long for prayer out of fear of death I would pray much more."

Then Sa'eed, may Allah be pleased with him, witnessed his own people as they mutilated Khubayb, may Allah be pleased with him, hacking him into pieces as they said: "Would you like Muhammad to be in your place, and for you to be safe in his place?" He heard his answer as the life bled out of him: "By Allah I would not wish to be safe and secure with my wife and children, if Muhammad were to be pricked by a thorn because of it."

The shouts of the people became howls, their arms waving in frenzy as they shouted : "Kill him! Kill him!"Sa'id al-Jumahi RA watched all these horrible happenings with grief.

Then he saw Khubayb, may Allah be pleased with him, raise his vision from where he was crucified, to the heavens and he heard him say: "Our God! Count their numbers and exterminate them. Leave not one of them," as he breathed his last, leaving his body riddled with countless gashes and stabs.

Then Quraysh returned to Makkah and, in the great rush of events, which followed, forgot about Khubayb, may Allah be pleased with him, and his death. However, Sa'eed, may Allah be pleased with him, who was rapidly maturing, was unable to forget Khubayb, for a moment.