#18:;UMAR IBN KHATTAB: (رضي الله عنه) ;THE CALIPHATE AND JUSTICE OF UMAR:

The second caliph Umar ibn al-Khattab, known for his pious and just character, was one of the most significant political and religious actors of Islam after Prophet Muhammad's SAW death. He used his vigorous strength, bold intellect, and far-sighted wisdom for the sake of Islam and for the empowerment of Muslims. He gained the beautiful title, commander of faithful due to his noble qualities.

The Prophet said, "If there were to be a prophet after me, indeed he would be 'Umar, son of Khattab." [Sunan Tirmidhi: 3686]

History does not produce men like 'Umar often. He was a person from whom truth flowed naturally; a man of intuition, he was on his way to kill the Prophet (peace be upon him) and ended up accepting Islam! His love for Allah and his deen was so great, while all the other Muslims were hiding their Islam, he was ready to proclaim it. The Prophet (peace be upon him) called him, Al-Farooq, the one who clearly distinguishes the truth from falsehood.

Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that ; "Umar bin Al-Khattab asked the permission of Allah's Messenger to see him while some Quraishi women were sitting with him, talking to him and asking him for more expenses, raising their voices above the voice of Allah's Messenger. When 'Umar asked for the permission to enter, the women quickly put on their veils. Allah'sf Messenger allowed him to enter and 'Umar came in while Allah's Messenger was smiling, 'Umar said "O Allah's Messenger! May Allah always keep you smiling."

The Prophet SAW said, "These women who have been here, roused my wonder, for as soon as they heard your voice, they quickly put on their veils. "'Umar said, "O Allah's Messenger ! You have more right to be feared by them than I." Then 'Umar addressed the women saying, "O enemies of yourselves! You fear me more than you do Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)  ?" They said, "Yes, for you are harsher and sterner than Allah's Messenger SAW." Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)  said, "O Ibn Al-Khattab! By Him in Whose Hands my life is! Never does Satan find you going on a way, but he takes another way other than yours." (Sahih al-Bukhari).

Satan had even given up on 'Umar (radhiAllahu anhu).

When the enemies of Allah would hear about 'Umar (radhiAllahu anhu), their knees would weaken and their hearts would tremble.

It was said to Abu Bakr radiya Llahu 'anhu on his death bed:

"You know that Umar has a harsh nature. What will you say if your Lord questions you as to why you appointed Umar as caliph?" Abu Bakr replied, " "I will say that I appointed among them the best of them."

And then added "His (Umar's) strictness was there because of my softness when the weight of Caliphate will be over his shoulders he will remain no longer strict."

And finally this command came true; it was Umar's turn to ascend the pulpit. His first words were: "My God! I am a harsh and violent person; make me gentler. I am weak; make me strong, O Lord! Give me strength to guide these people, whose administration I undertook, to the straight path."

Almighty Allah did not make Umar gentler. More correctly, He softened his heart towards the weak, but not the powerful. His harshness towards administrators under him never decreased. Saying, "If one of my administrators does injustice and I don't correct him, I will be the one who has acted unjustly," he always tried to be informed on what was being done. According to him, the ignorance that Allah dislikes most is the ignorance of a state ruler. For this reason, he feared that a village on the banks of the Euphrates would turn into a question mark in the Hereafter.

His most important quality, which also made him so dear to everyone's hearts, was doubtless his understanding of leadership and his exacting sense of justice.He established the pillars of justice, Al Adl, The first social policy infrastructure is found in all of history to be set up by 'Umar (radhiAllahu anhu).