30;:ASIM IBN THABIT (رضي الله عنه);ALLAH PROTECTED ASIM'S BODY:..

Those who were saved from the darkness of polytheism, unbelief and oppression in the Era of Bliss had a completely different life after attaining the luminous light of Islam and they abandoned everything related to their old days. Anything that reminded them of their life before Islam caused them great suffering. This mood also affected Asim bin Thabit, who was a person from Madinah and who became a Muslim before the Pledge of Aqaba, in a different way.

Asim Ibn Thabit was a companion of the Holy Prophet SAW. His father was Thabit bin Qais and his mother's name was Shamoos bint Abu Aamir. The Holy Prophet SAW established a bond of brotherhood between him and Abdullah bin Jahash RA.

After becoming a Muslim, Asim decided not to touch any polytheists and not to allow any polytheists to touch him. He always prayed to Allah Almighty to continue this decision.

Asim ibn Thabit RA joined the Battle of Badr and killed many of the notables of the polytheists. The Muslims also brought seventy camels and two horses, meaning that they either had to walk or fit three to four men per camel. However, many early Muslim sources indicate that no serious fighting was expected, and Uthman Ibn Affan RA stayed behind to care for his sick wife Ruqayyah, the daughter of Rasulullah ﷺ. Salman Al Farisi RA also could not join the battle, as he was still not a free man.

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, was conversing with his companions before the battle of Badr when he asked them: "How do you plan to fight?" Asim ibn Thabit (radhiallahu anhu) stood up holding his bow, and said: "If the enemy is a hundred yards away, I will shoot with the arrows. If they come within the reach of our spears, I will fight them until the spears break, then we will put them down and it will be time for dueling with the swords." The Prophet sallallahu alayhe wa sallam said: "This is indeed the way to combat! Anyone who fights, he should fight like Asim Ibn Thabit." This testimony of the Prophet sallallahu alayhe wa sallam attests to the skill of Asim in wars.

During those times, wars were only fought with swords and spears, and this was the only method of war. Stones were also used. It was not like nowadays where they kill even innocent people and children by shelling at them. A non-Muslim wrote a book in which he mentions the wars fought by the Holy Prophet SAW and said, "Allegations are levelled against Muhammad as to why he fought wars. A few hundred or a thousand people may have died during the battles he fought, but those who consider themselves 'progressive' and 'advocates for humanity' killed more than 70 million people, the majority of whom were ordinary citizens."

Asim ibn Thabit RA also participated in the Invasion of Hamra al-Assad, after staying at Hamra al-Assad for three days, Rasulullah ﷺ returned to Madinah. Asim ibn Thabit RA captured Abu Azzah al-Jumahi as prisoner. Abu Azzah had previously been one of the prisoners of Badr. Abu Azzah Amr bin Abd Allah al-Jumahi had been treated kindly by Rasulullah ﷺ after the Battle of Badr, being a poor man with five daughters, he had no means to pay ransom, he was released after Battle of Badr, on the condition that he would not take up arms against Muslims again. But he had broken his promise and participated in Battle of Uhud. Abu Azzah al-Jumahi pleaded for mercy again, but Rasulullah ﷺ ordered him to be killed. Az-Zubair executed him, and in another version, Asim ibn Thabit.

At the Battle of Uhud, when the disbelievers of Mecca launched a sudden attack, which caused a panic amongst the Muslims, Hazrat Asim remained steadfast in his position next to the Holy Prophet. He pledged allegiance to the Holy Prophet that he would be willing to offer his life for him. His companions never forgot how bravely he fought during the battle of Uhud.

It is mentioned in another narration that Hazrat Ali ra returned with his sword on the day of the Battle of Uhud and it had become bent due to intense fighting. Hazrat Ali said to Hazrat Fatima ra, "Keep this commendable sword. It will prove useful in the battlefield." The Messenger of Allah heard what he had said. Thus, he said, "If you have shown excellence with the sword today, then Sahl bin Hunaif, Abu Dujanah, Asim bin Thabit and Haris bin Sama have also shown excellent swordsmanship.