#25:;KHUBAYB IBN ADIY (رضي الله عنه) ,The EXECUTION OF KHUBAYB..

Every single one of the Companions has gained the honour of being truthful, just and pious. After they entered into Islam at the hands of the Nabi , their lives were transformed, however, at the same time they had to withstand great trials and tribulations. In their hearts, there was a constant desire and passion to do good, their natural disposition was that they hated sin. The great sacrifice that these Companions made, despite the dangerous predicament they were in. They went on this mission for the sake of Allah whilst knowing that it was a very dangerous one.

And now, let us pave the way for this hero. An unsung hero of a pious companion – not many of our scholars even know about this sahabi.

His name is Khubayb ibn 'Adi ibn Malik al-Awsi al-Ansari RA. Remember this name well
He belonged to the Aws tribe from Al Madinah. He belonged to the Ansar. His soul, spirit, and conscience were pure, and his belief was firm. He was described by Hassan Ibn Thabit RA,
"He looked like a falcon among the Ansar. Allah endowed him with noble character and good morals."

Khubayb ibn 'Adi ibn Malik al-Awsi al-Ansari RA was from the blessed 313 who took part in the battle of Badr. When the standards of the Battle of Badr were lifted, he was there, a bold warrior and a daring fighter. Among the polytheists whom he killed with his sword during the battle was Al-Harith Ibn 'Amir Ibn Naufal.

After the battle was over and the defeated remnants of the Quraish had returned to Makkah, the sons of Al-Harith learned that their father had been killed. They learned the name of his killer very well by heart: Khubaib Ibn 'Adiy.

One day the Rasulullah SAW wanted to know the Quraish's secrets so as to be fully aware of the target of their movements and any preparations for a new battle. Therefore, he chose ten of his Companions, among who was Khubayb ibn 'Adi ibn Malik al-Awsi al-Ansari RA, and 'Asim Ibn Thabit RA as leader.

The Expedition of al Raji, occurred directly after the Battle of Uhud in the year 4 A.H of the Islamic calendar.

The story of this expenditure is narrated by Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, who reported Allah's Apostle sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) once sent a batch of ten men as spies under the leadership of 'Aasim bin Thaabit Al-Ansaari, who was the grandfather of 'Aasim bin 'Umar bin Al-Khattaab. They proceeded until they reached Hadaa, which is an area between 'Asfaan and Makkah, and news of their arrival there reached a branch of the tribe of Huthayl named Bani Lihyaan.

From this tribe, about two-hundred men, who were all archers, hurriedly pursued their tracks until they found the location where they had eaten the dates that they had brought with them from Madeenah.
When they got there, they said: 'These are the dates of Yathrib (i.e. Madeenah),' and continued following the tracks.

When 'Aasim and his companions saw their pursuers, they climbed up to a high location, and the infidels encircled them. The infidels said to them:

"Come down and surrender; we promise and guarantee to you that we will not kill any of you."

'Aasim bin Thaabit, who was the leader of the group, said: 'I swear by Allah that we will not come down to be under the protection of infidels. O Allah! Convey our news to Your Prophet.' Then, the infidels began throwing arrows at them until they martyred 'Aasim along with six other men.

The remaining three men were again reassured by the infidels and given a guarantee that they would not be killed, which they accepted, and then they came down.

These three men were Khubayb bin 'Adiyy Al-Ansaari, Zayd bin Dathinnah and another man. When they came down however, the infidels captured them, undid the strings of their bows, and tied them up with these strings.