#20:;AISHA BINT ABU BAKR (رضي الله عنه) ;THE MOTHER OF THE BELIEVERS

It can be especially important to look to the lives of the honorable and honored wives of the Prophet (PBUH) to understand that they too were human beings who lived, ate, laughed and struggled to please Allah (SWT). After the Prophet, can there be a better example for us than the mothers of the believers who were all promised paradise?.

In order to find out if our mothers were funny, sensitive, outgoing, introspective, self-doubting, or fearless, we take a look at Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) wife, Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her).Aisha, was the most influential for her role as wife, and her political influence following Prophet's death. Many modern Muslim women look to Aisha for influence and guidance. Through this role as wife and public political figure, Aisha has circumscribed her prominence in Islamic history.

Aisha bint Abi Bakr (R.A.) was born in Makkah in 613 or early 614 CE, three or four years after Messenger of Allah's (S.A.W.) prophet-hood. Her mother was Umm Roman Zainab (R.A.) and her father was Abu Bakr Siddiq (R.A.), two of the most trusted Companions of Prophet (S.A.W.). There is little known about Aisha's (R.A.) childhood years.

Aisha (R.A.) was third and youngest wife
of Prophet (S.A.W.). She showed the world how the woman could be more knowledgeable than men, politician or warrior fourteen centuries ago. She had a brilliant mind and a remarkable memory. She contributed to the spread of Prophet's (S.A.W.) message and served the Muslim community for 44 years after the death of Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.). The story of Aisha bint Abu Bakr (may God be pleased with her) is one of divinity, fortitude, knowledge and love. She contributed more than 2,000 hadith (sayings of the Prophet) to mankind- and is one of the most extraordinary figures in Islamic history.

She was not a university graduate and did not study at the hands of orientalists or westernists.Rather she apprenticed and graduated in the prophetic school, the school of faith and knights. From the tender years of her age the shiekh and the most pious of Muslims , her father Abu Bakr aSidiq brought her up. Then the Prophet (pbuh) the best and the most honorable creature look after her when she was a youth. Therefore, she aquired a great deal of knowledge that was transmitted over the centuries.

What she left of literature or legal opinions is now studied in many universities all over the world. Further her complete works could be points of study for any one who is interested in the Arab and Muslim history.

As narrated by Aisha bint Abu Bakr (R.A.), who said:
'Allah's Messenger (S.A.W.) said (to me), "You were shown to me twice in (my) dream. Behold, a man (Angel) was carrying you in a silken piece of cloth and said to me, "She is your wife, so uncover her,' and behold, it was you. I would then say (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen. " '  (Sahih Bukhari: 7011)

It shows that Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.) married her according to Allah's command. He (pbuh) betrothed her and Sawda at the same time but he married the latter who stayed with him for three years until he got married to , Aisha in Shawwal after the battle of Badr. The young bride, then, moved to the new house of the Prophet, which consisted of a room beside the mosque and was built of clay and palmtrees. The room was furnished with a mattress of palm-leaves beneath which there was nothing but a mat. As for the door it was just a curtain of hair. In such a modest room 'Aisha started her marital life which became the speech of the world.

As a wife of the Prophet (pbuh),
'Aisha adopted a great position. She became a model for all women anywhere and in any time she was an ideal wife. She relieved the Prophet's grief when suffering the hardships of life and the da' wah.

She endured poverty and hunger with the Prophet (pbuh). It is related that they spent two or three months without cooking. All what they feed on were just dates and water.