The Chariot Ride

"Wait, if you like brown hair, why don't you dye yours?"

I ask

"To prove my point."

Jacob says

"What point?"

"I've never worn any makeup in my whole life, never changed one part of my body. Sure I will grow old and have wrinkles, but at least I'll still be me and not some fake plastic coated, botoxed wannabe."

I nod

"That's a good point."

"But its too late for my kids, I have one girl and one boy. Their mother dyed them none when they were born."

"When they were born?"

"Yes, you can get skin dye that lasts a lifetime or some that can be washed out and changed."

I look down at my blue hands

"Is mine washable?"

He nods

"Yes, that kind takes layers and a lot of time to make the right shade. Permanent takes a few minutes and it lasts forever."

"should we start getting ready?"

"Yes, I think we should."

Jacob runs and gets my dress. Just like in the picture he showed me on he train. The fish looked like they were alive and swimming around on my dress. I had sparkles on me just like the picture too.

"Didn't you say you wanted me to stay the same? You put glitter on the sketch."

"Not that kind of glitter, a kind that you sprinkle on and it falls off, instead you'll need to scrub for a long time to get all of that off you."

He gave me the dress.

"I don't have any-"

"There's more than just the dress just look in the bag."

I didn't notice it before, but beside me was a small bag. Inside were the things that I'd need besides the dress. I pulled out a bra.

"Whoa! Let me leave before you start taking things off and putting them on, its disgusting when designers invade the tributes like that."

He walked out of the room and I started getting dressed. My hair was so stiff that I couldn't move a single strand. I put on my underthings then the dress. I went to the door and opened it.

"Perfect."

Jacob says happily

"But you still need your crown and trident, come with me."

We go back into the hall and I see James. He matched me with the same blue skin and hair. His suit was like someone took my dress and made it into a suit it had the same design and he even had glitter on him, less that me but still enough to make him glisten in the light.

"Here we go."

Jacob says and places a crown on each of our heads. He hands us matching tridents.

"I think that you two are ready."

we walk down to the elevator, stopping every couple of floors to pick up more tributes. The tributes from district two come in wearing matching bronze outfits with large hammers.

"You look so pretty."

Maggie, the girl tribute says.

"You too."

I say

When we are all on the floor we need we go and see our chariots. Each tribute pair has to share a chariot and our horse is a matching blue with a green seaweed main and tail. Everyone gets into the chariots and we all ride into a huge arena. I decide to smile and wave to the capitol, even though inside I am despising them. I wonder where Rickey is, none of the tribute's families are anywhere to be seen. We do a few laps around the arena as some fans scream out our names and reach out to us. A few people start blowing kisses and I point to my heart than point to the audience. This drives some of them wild.

Since president snow died we have a new president. He doesn't like talking so he just says.

"To our tributes happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favour!"

The crowd cheers one last time as we all go back inside.

"Time to get changed and eat supper."

Jacob chirps and we go back upstairs. I change into the shirt with light blue swirls and shorts. I try to scrub some of the color off my hands, but Jacob tells me he has a special cream to use after we eat. Everyone eats in a large room together. I find my family and sit beside Rickey.

"How did they get your skin to turn blue like that?"

"It took a lot of work."

I see my stylists are across the table from me and listening to what I think about their work.

"Doesn't it look amazing? I especially love the blue hair."

I see Tranquilla smile out of the corner of my eye. Rickey and I eat quickly so we have time to look around, but when I am done eating Maggie waves me over to a group of tributes that are talking by the door. I go to see them, and Rickey goes for seconds.