The interview

"Now for the dress."

Ocean squeaks excitedly. They bring the dress to me and put it on over my head, gently going past my curls.

I look in the mirror. I have blue around my eyes and sparkles to light up my face. The dress was the same that I had seen on the train. The strapless dark blue that was tight around my waist then sprung out at my hips and looked like waves swirling around on my dress. Shimmering water and green seaweed all moved around, but I felt nothing. I could sit down and the waves would still move, and the seaweed would still sway.

"Are you ready?"

I nod

I look at a clock and was surprised at how long it took to get everything ready. When I get in the elevator I see Jacob.

"Why did it take so long? It only felt like half an hour."

"I sprayed your hair with something to make you sleep. It takes a long time to get curls that perfect."

I giggle

The elevator door opens and we are on the interviewing floor. I get in line beside James.

"Are you worried?"

He shakes his head

"No, I'm going to joke about the capitol."

"Oh, I don't have anything planned."

Nathan is beside me, he starts to snarl but then says something instead.

"OK, you know what? If you don't freak Anna out I won't try and kill you right away."

I nod in agreement.

"That sounds fair."

I thought for a minute

"But if you smash my head against a wall again I will kill you."

"Oh believe me, if I was doing that to kill you, you'd be dead already."

I gulp and turn away. This is going to be hard having him as an ally. I hear a man starting the interviews with district one. Ruby talks about how she will make her district proud by killing everyone. How charming. The interviewing goes on girl first then the boy until it is my turn. I am lead towards a large stage and sit beside the man.

"Hello"

He says

"Hello to you too."

I say back, trying to sound funny and not terrified like I am.

"So are you excited for the games?"

"Well, I wish that i could stay here with my best friend Rickey. I'm closer to her than anyone in all of Panem."

"Well you win and you two can live in the victor's village together."

"Yes, and with my mentor Katlynn, she is the nicest person I've met so far."

"Oh, is that a compliment or an insult?"

"Definitely a compliment. Everyone in the Capitol is kind too, but it would take a lot to be nicer than her."

"So I was told you are carrying the title queen of the ocean, if this right?"

"Yes, my designer gave me that title. I just can't wait to return to the sea. In distirct four, that is my home. But of course I'll get a new house in the victor's village."

"That's right."

The crowd seems to be listening, since there is not a sound in the whole room when I am not talking.