Training day one: secrets are told

I get out of bed and change into the outfit Jacob made me for training. I leave the Queen of the sea hat and tie my hair up in a simple ponytail. I look and see the color of my skin is back to normal. I think about it, my skin has been normal for most of today.

While I was sleeping some of it rubbed off into the sheets. I meet everyone by the elevator. Anna's face is pale but she looks as if nothing had happened. Nathan gives me a scowl. Everyone's families and designers all squeeze into the elevator. I get looks of thankfulness from some of the tributes when they hug their families. At least they can see them for as long as possible before the games. The only look I get from Nathan is hatred. Anna would've been quite angry with him once she found out about him bashing me against the wall.

I suddenly feel dizzy as the elevator door opens. We all step out into a large room. The whole place is just a room full of weapons and dummies. I see so many weapons I've never even seen before but the thing that catches my eye is a bunch of knives and a wall of targets. That was my strong point. Throwing knives was how I fed my family. Anna takes a step towards the silver bow and arrows, but a pale green man stops her.

"This is the training area. You will be training here until the day of the games. Due to one of your wishes, not sure who it is, but you will be able to train with your family."

He steps aside and we all rush towards certain stations. I go to the knives and get a few bulls eyes. Rickey catches up to me.

"I think you should train too. That way you can still hunt while i'm... here."

She agrees and tries throwing knives

A bunch of older people rush into the training area.

"Finally"

The green man says

"The mentors are here."

The mentors are all older than me. The youngest is sixteen, he is shaking and slowly walks over to the district twelve tributes. It must be torture for them to relive the games. Year after year the same thing. My mentor is a twenty year old woman. She introduces herself as Katlynn. She won the games when she was sixteen.

"Katelynn?"

"No, its cat-lynn"

"Oh, OK. So you have to help me with my games?"

"Yep."

"How did you feel before your games?"

"I thought that I was going to be fine."

She told me

"It was getting close to my last year and I was so excited to get it over."

"so how did you win?"

"My partner took care of me, then it was just three of us, he killed her then before anything else could happen he killed himself."

"Really?"

"Yep, but we should get started."

"Why did you take so long to show up?"

"one of the tributes wished that the mentors wouldn't show up for a while because he couldn't stand us."

"But why you? You're supposed to help us? Who even wished that?"

"All wishes are a secret, the only reason they know what you wished is because you were the first one to wish."

"So is that good or bad?"

"Well, the other tributes might take it a bit easier on you because you helped them out, but most wishes are used to make the other tributes less prepared for the games. Why did you help everyone else?"