Chapter 13- The Reason Why

{play some sad music for best experience lol}

No one's P.O.V

-

It was because of that reason.

The same reason why she behaves the way she does.

That specific reason was why she held onto him as if her life depended on it because to her, he did.

This was the reason why she was so afraid to lose Seungcheol from her life.

Jaekyung's P.O.V

-

Nearly 10years ago, an event occured that happened to change my life forever.

I never expected it to happen at all, it just came out of nowhere.

I was in disbelief for such a long time.

Slowly, that turned into depression.

Soon, that turned to anger.

Until, I decided to shut all my feelings and emotions off for everyone.

Everyone except, Choi Seungcheol.

(flashback)

"Mommy, where are you going?" I asked, hugging my teddy bear with one arm and rubbing my eyes with the other.

"Oh sweetie, did mommy wake you up? Sorry, mommy has to go to work." she said this while fixing up her coat.

"Oh, but it's really late." I looked over at the clock and saw that it was nearly 2am.

"There's an emergency at work." she smiled at me after applying her lipstick.

"You should go back to sleep again sweetie. Goodnight, mommy loves you." she tucked me back in bed and remembered to give me a goodnight's kiss.

"I love you too mommy." I answered her while snugging myself back to sleep.

That was when I heard the door to the bedroom close. She left.

I opened my eyes and looked back to what I had my focus on earlier.

Just as I suspected, she took her briefcase.

There really must be an emergency at work. I was told to never touch that briefcase because mom said inside it is something really valuable and important.

I looked out the window, looks like it's about to snow.

After seeing her car leave, I fell back to sleep.

Morning came and I woke up to see an empty space beside me on the bed.

I looked out to see if her car was there but it wasn't. I guess she hasn't come back home since last night.

I was unbothered at first, thinking that something serious must be going on at work.

Not until around noon, Mr.Driver came to fetch me.

"We have to go now Miss Jaekyung." he huffed, panting in a state of shock.

"Where to?" I asked.

"You shall see." he ended and trusting him, I got dressed and listened to him.

I sat in the limousine as Mr.Driver started driving to our destination.

Nearing a building, the top of the tall building had the word H.O.S.P.I.T.A.L engraved on top and I wonder what it meant.