Part 4

The next day, I woke up. I put on this outfit.

I did my hair like this

After I finished getting ready, I headed to school

When I got there, there were so many people there. Which surprised me. I thought there were going to be much fewer people. The city of Forks doesn't exactly have too many residents. Which makes it a good place.

I walked with Bella onto the stairs entering the school. Almost all the boys surrounded us. Were we really that attractive? We walked into the school and went to the principal's office, which is not that important.

Because it's not important, let's flash forward to lunch. So, I was sitting with a few boys who had crushes on me, and a few girls who had crushes on those boys. Their names were Angela, Jessica, Mike, and Eric. And, of course, I also sat with Bella.

They talked about a bunch of things that I didn't listen to. I looked out the window and saw these amazing-looking people.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Alissa!" Bella slapped my arm. She whispered in my ear: "Don't say things like that, in that way. Seriously."

Angela was the first to reply: "It's okay. But they're the Cullens."

"They're, um," Jessica said, "Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago."

"They kind of keep to themselves," Angela added.

"Yeah," Jessica leaned in as the people entered the building. "'Cause they're all together. Like, together together. Um, the blond girl, that's Rosalie. And the big dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're, like, a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal." Jessica said this as Emmett and Rosalie walked past our table.

"Jess," Angela said, "they're not even related."

"Yeah, but they live together. It's weird." She looked behind her and got back to her lecture. "And, okay, the little dark haired girl is Alice. She's really weird. And she's with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain. Um, Dr. Cullen's, like, this foster dad/matchmaker." She looked down.

"Maybe he'll adopt me," Angela said.

I was quiet for a moment. "Who's he?" I asked about the final Cullen.

Jessica and Angela started getting jittery. "That's Edward Cullen. He's totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently, nobody here's good enough for him." She laughed fakely. "Like I care, you know? So, yeah."

I looked back at Edward as Jessica continued talking.

"Seriously, like, don't waste your time."

It was my turn to laugh fakely. "I wasn't planning on it." I looked back at them.

Edward looked back at me. We stared at each other for, like, thirty seconds, until he broke the contact.

Oh my god. Edward is SOOO hot.