Part 28

The next morning, I woke up to see Edward sitting on the chair right next to my bed. I looked over.

"Good morning," Edward said.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's 8:39," Edward replied. "You've been sleeping for 8 and a half hours."

"Okay," I replied. "I need a human minute," I said as I exited the room. I went to the bathroom and got ready for the day. First, I brushed my teeth. Then, I put my hair in a high ponytail. Lastly, I got dressed and did my makeup.

 Lastly, I got dressed and did my makeup

I came back into the room

I came back into the room. Edward looked at me.

"You look beautiful," Edward told me. "As always." He got up and walked over to me. He held my hands.

"Thanks," I blushed. Did Edward consider me his girlfriend, or was it too early for that? I hoped not.

Edward and I continued holding hands. "Look, Alissa," Edward said. "I want you to know that I'm going to continue fighting for you until the day you die. You're my life now. I'm not going to let you go."

"I know," I told him. "And I love you for that. And I love being with you. But sometimes I just need to be by myself. Some privacy."

"I just gave you privacy," Edward joked. "That's how you got ready." He picked up his phone from my nightstand.

I laughed too. Then I stopped. "But seriously, Edward. I mean it. Don't make me disappear from you forever."

"Okay," Edward hugged me from behind. "I'm sorry, Alissa." He put me on his back and went out of the window.

We got into Edward's car. "When am I going to be able to meet your dad?" Edward asked as he drove.

"I don't know," I replied. "But I hope you'll be able to soon. I really want to see that go down." I sighed.

"Is it a bad thing for me to meet your dad?" Edward asked, now concerned.

"No," I replied. "But I'll just say that you're not his favorite person in the world. I don't know why though."

Edward sighed too. "I'm sorry, Alissa," Edward said.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked, turning to look at him. I was confused. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I made you worried," Edward told me. "That's enough bad for me to do. And I'm sorry for it." He kept his eyes on the road.

"Edward, stop," I said. "You don't need to be sorry for worrying me. I get worried all the time. It's normal."

He looked at the road still, not saying anything.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked, changing the subject to something I was actually curious about.

"A debate," he replied.

"A debate? Over what?"

"I don't know yet. All of us Cullens have one every week on Saturday. So, we're having one today."

"Oh," I replied.

"It has nothing to with politics," he assured me. "It's just something we do weekly for fun."

"Oh," I replied.

We arrived at the Cullen house. It was time for whatever was about to happen.

Yay.