Part 13

ALISSA'S POV

The next day was Monday. I looked everywhere for my keys. They weren't on my nightstand, under my bed, anywhere.

They might be in Bella's room, I thought. But how do I get in there? I thought about it for a minute.

I walked over. Bella exited her room, which gave me a little bit of time to enter. I went to her nightstand and retrieved my car keys.

I walked back downstairs and got into my car. Let Bella get herself to school somehow. Let "her man" drive her.

By the time I got to school, I already regretted coming. I realized that Edward would more than likely be here, and I hated the thought of that already.

I suddenly got the courage and confidence to talk to him. To demand that explanation, although I knew I would probably chicken out later.

I walked up onto the platform, and I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around really fast to see Jacob standing there. About fifty feet behind Jacob, I saw Edward watching us, leaning against his car. It reminded me of my two dreams.

"Oh, hi," I said.

"Hi," he replied. "How's it going?"

"Oh, it's going great! Now that I found out that my friend is a-"

He put a hand over my mouth. "Alissa," he whispered through clenched teeth. "Shut up about that. No one else can know."

I looked at Edward, who had a shocked look on his face. He got into his car quickly and left.

Lord Jesus, I thought. Those dreams might actually be real. I said out loud, "Sorry." My voice was muffled because Jacob's hand was still on my mouth. "But could you please let go of my mouth?"

"Yeah, sorry," he replied. "I have to talk to you later. FaceTime me when you get home." He looked down.

"Okay," I replied. "I'll do that. But right now, I need to get to class." I realized something. "Actually, I need to talk to you later too. Can you meet me at my house at 3:00 today?" I got out my phone but didn't look at it.

"Yeah," he replied. "No problem." He glanced over my shoulder at the people walking into the school. "Well, I'll see you later."

"Bye," I replied.

I would finally be able to talk to Jacob about my dreams and what Bella said to me.

Yay.