Holding Edge

Aa~ Aaron A~ Aphmau
D~ Derik Z~ Zane
L~ Lucinda

<THE NEXT MORNING>
<AARON'S POV>

Aph looked tired, but she also looked very hurt. I told you Aph, I told you.

Z~ *runs into the house (not breaking the door)* "Aphmau!"

Aa~ "Huh?" *kisses Aph's for head, and heads downstairs* (He's wearing clothes) "Zane? W-what are you doing here?"

Z~ "I got a message that Aphmau was hurt." *runs upstairs*

Aa~ "Wait-Zane! Please don't go up there!" *follows Zane*

Z~ *was about to open door until Aaron moved Zane's hand* "What's wrong, Aaron?"

Aa~ "N-Noth-"

A~ *opens door to go downstairs* (She's in PJs) "Aaron, I-I didn't see you, so I thought you were downst- ZANE!"

Z~ "What's wrong? You two are acting strange."

A~ "We're not acting strange..." *goes behind Aaron* "Y-you are..."

Z~ "Okay... fine. I'll leave." *leaves*

Aa~ *pulls Aph in front of himself* "...what, why were you hiding behind me?"

A~ "I-I think it... I think it could me... Wolf pups."

Aa~ *holds Aph* "W-what?"

A~ *holds Aaron back* "I'm already so big, I had to hide behind you so it wouldn't show. I-I'm sor-"

D~ *this time the door breaks* "AARON! AARON LYCAN!"

Aa~ "Aph stay up here." *goes downstairs* "What... Is something wrong?"

D~ "No" *sits at kitchen table* "Your mother found out. Her senses were insane."

Aa~ *joins his father* "Found out a-about what...?"

D~ *sighs* "Aphmau. She's pregnant... Isn't she?"

Aa~ ...

D~ "Did you tell her?!" *holds Aaron by his shirt*

Aa~ *pushes back* "YES! I did!"

D~ "What did she say?" *he sounded worried*

Aa~ *looks at the stairs then back* "She said that I'm still the Aaron she knows and loves, and that nothing will change that..."

D~ "Just...good luck" *walks away and out of house*

A~ *walks downstairs in utter pain* "A-Aaron..."

Aa~ *hugs Aphmau*

A~ "A-Are you okay?"

Aa~ *still hugging Aph* "He's disapointed in me... I could see it."

A~ "O-Oh..." *hugs Aaron back*

Aa~ *backs off from the hug and holds her shoulders* "Do you really want to go through that pain... I can't turn you until after..."

A~ "Huh? I thought..."

Aa~ "I know. But I have no choice now. You'll be having wolf pups. Maybe even an Ultima pup."

A~ "I never... thought about that..."

Aa~ "I don't want you to be away from our pups. If you get hurt by the untamed eyes..." *lets go of shoulders* "... I don't know what I'd do."

A~ "... How many months?"

Aa~ "Huh? For the pups?"

A~ "... Y-yes." *Aph sat down on the couch*

Aa~ *joins Aph* "3... 3 months." *cuddles her* "But the pain... I don't want to see you in that much pain."

A~ *starts to cry, already feeling the pain* "A-Aaron... it hurts!"

Aa~ *let's go and feels worried for Aph* "You're alr-" *thinks* Aph isn't a werewolf, so she can't hold the pain as much.

<APHMAU'S POV>

Everything feels like it's on fire. It hurts to breathe. Why did I say I was ready?

Aa~ "Aph-Aphmau... It's going to be okay." *hugs* "You'll be a great mo-" *she could see the regret in her eyes*

A~ *interrupts Aaron* "Show me your ears... y-you- GAH!"

Aa~ "APHMAU!"

A~ "I-I'm fine... Just... The kicks hurt." *lays head down on Aaron's lap*

Aa~ "D-Do I have to show you...?"

A~ "P-Please"

L~ *knocks* (finally, someone polite) "Aphmau... I heard you scream. You okay?"

···

587 words.