Ch. 7

Hermione tried to avoid him for the entire next day, and he equally tried to avoid her. It pained him to do so though, but he didn't want to upset her any more than he already had. Thankfully they didn't share any classes together that day so the only avoidance he had to do was during meals and in the halls. Any time he locked eyes with her, he could feel all of the negative emotions that he had caused, and to say it bothered him would have been an extreme understatement.

But what Draco couldn't sense was that Hermione was no longer truly upset, though she was still frustrated that he had blatantly overreacted to a nightmare. She did intend to talk to him that evening, to find out exactly what was happening with him, but she was still hesitant to. She mainly wanted to go to the library and research what exactly Draco was.

Ginny, however, was focused on the fact that she was going to see Harry tomorrow. At dinner, she could barely contain herself. "Aren't you excited to see them tomorrow, Hermione?"

Hermione shook herself out of her train of thought and smiled at her friend. "Yes, absolutely! I haven't properly gotten to hang out with them since before the summer."

"Yeah, since you came back the day before we left," Ginny nodded. She was smiling as she said, "After what's happened, you need a few butterbeers anyway."

"Maybe not a few," Hermione argued while smiling, "But definitely one."

The two girls laughed together and went back to their food, chatting happily about their plans for the next day.

Draco and Blaise growled slightly as they listened to the girls. Blaise had more to growl about, but he was trying very hard to keep his cool.

"Maybe we shouldn't go tomorrow," He muttered then. "I don't know what I'll do if I see her kissing Potter."

Draco nodded but said, "We need to learn to control our Veelas though, mate."

"Yeah, but is a crowded bar really the best place to do it?" Blaise asked, giving him a sideways glance.

"Might as well get it over with," Draco shrugged. "It's only going to get worse once we get closer to them; I want to get this controlled before I mark her."

"Yeah, you can't afford to blast her door off again," Blaise said, nudging him.

Draco glared at him before continuing, "Plus you know our Veela side is going to come out more the more we are around them. Might as well start now so we can make adjustments as we need."

Blaise suddenly had a shocked look on his face. "Oh god. What if I do something worse than blast her door off?"

"I think you need to focus more on the fact that you may possibly kill Potter tomorrow," Draco smirked. "That's much worse than blasting a door off."

"You know what?" Ginny started, looking at Hermione.

"What?"

"Forget talking to Malfoy tonight," She said, grinning. "He can wait until tomorrow night. Come have a girls' night with me. We're having a house party anyway, and everyone misses you!"

Hermione laughed, "It's not like I didn't see everyone last night!"

"Yeah, but it's not the same." Ginny pouted then as she pleaded, "Come onnn!"

Sighing, Hermione shook her head while grinning. "You know what, sure! It's been a while since I've been to a Gryffindor party."

Ginny beamed. "Yay! The boys are sneaking in some firewhiskey, and I have some vodka in my trunk."