Ch. 36

Hermione sighed and lowered her wand, glaring at the two boys. "You should probably not surprise us like that."

"Sorry, 'Mione," Harry answered. He was staring at the end of Ginny's wand, as if ready to dodge any hex sent his way. "We didn't know how else to get you away from those two."

"We didn't need any form of rescuing," Ginny growled, not lowering her wand. "We were perfectly happy with them. What gives you the right to show up and think you can just take us both back?"

Harry glared at Ron who simply shrugged. "Sorry, mate. Clearly it was good to warn them, because otherwise we'd be getting hexed right now."

Hermione looked over her shoulder and saw Draco and Blaise standing just inside the Great Hall, watching the four of them. She shook her head and Draco nodded, though she could tell he was still ready to spring into action if needed.

"Who are they?" Ron asked, nodding towards Draco and Blaise after seeing Hermione's actions. She breathed a sigh of relief when it was clear that neither Harry nor Ron had recognized Draco and Blaise in their masks.

"It doesn't matter," Ginny answered, bending her elbow to pull her arm in, still pointing her wand at Harry. "All you need to know is that we are dating them."

Harry's shoulders dropped. "Dating?"

"Yes, Harry," She said in a low voice. "I warned you. I told you that day in the Three Broomsticks that I would not be waiting for you this time. And you still have the nerve to come back to see if I was?"

"Ginny, please," Harry said sadly. "I made a mistake, I was not thinking straight."

"It's too late!" She exclaimed. Her voice echoed throughout the corridor and caused Harry and Ron to flinch. She grew quieter and said, "I am happy now. I do not want you back, Harry Potter."

Hermione reached out and put her hand on Ginny's, lowering her friend's hand and looking back at Ron and Harry. "Right now is not the time to discuss everything. Just know that yes, we both are dating the two boys behind us, and we are both happy. Any questions you have will have to wait for another time, because neither I nor Ginny will be answering them. Tonight is meant to be a happy night, and I'll be damned if another ball is going to be ruined for me by a jealous man."

She glared at Ron while she said this last statement before taking Ginny's arm and pulling her back into the Great Hall. Ginny was seething with anger and Blaise immediately handed her another drink, this one presumably firewhiskey since she downed it like a shot after smelling it.

Draco took Hermione a bit further from the entrance of the Great Hall into a corner away from Blaise and Ginny,and asked her in a low, concerned voice, "Are you alright?"

She took a deep breath and nodded. "I completely forgot they were showing up."

"Just say the word and I will take care of them," He offered, taking her hands.

Hermione smiled and shook her head. "No, it's alright. I doubt they will bother us again for the rest of the night. Let's just enjoy tonight."

He returned her smile and gave her a small kiss before walking with her back to Blaise and Ginny. Ginny was already pouring herself another glass of wine, professors be damned, and Draco grabbed a glass for Hermione, handing it to Ginny.

Ginny filled both of their glasses to the brim and clinked her glass against Hermione's before the two girls quickly drank a good bit of the wine and wandered over to the dance floor together.

They danced for what felt like hours, not caring about the fact that their exes had both shown up to get them back. They danced with their Veelas, with each other, with anyone that wanted to dance with them. Well, anyone that their Veelas approved of. After learning that Seamus and Dean were together, the two Veelas reluctantly allowed their mates to dance with the two boys, who soon pulled the girls in with the rest of the Gryffindors. This was much to the Veelas' dissatisfaction, but they relented and held back, not wanting to upset the girls any further.