Ch. 37

Draco and Blaise watched in amusement as their girls stumbled down the corridor in front of them, Hermione and Ginny holding on to each other in an attempt to keep themselves upright. The corridor was filled with the sound of giggles and then random fits of laughter, causing the two Veelas to shake their heads at their mates.

"Maybe that flask was a bad idea," Draco said as he looked over at Blaise.

Blaise rolled his eyes. "They wanted a fun night, and they got one. I only helped them to achieve that."

"Well after that madness with Potter and Weasel, I'm just glad the girls are in a better mood," Draco said. "For a while there I thought Hermione was never going to forget about it."

They made it to the Head portrait where the girls had propped themselves up against the wall next to the portrait and were giggling madly to each other. Hermione looked up at Draco as he stopped in front of them and she fought back laughter as she whisper-yelled, "Draco....I forgot the password!"

Ginny began to howl with laughter and the girls ended up sliding down the wall to sit on the floor, holding each other while they laughed. Blaise tried to hold back a snicker while Draco shook his head and looked to the knight.

"Bertie Botts," He said calmly, smiling before reaching down to gently pull Hermione up off the ground.

Blaise had done the same with Ginny, picking her up fully and cradling her in his arms. "Come on, Red; we should get you to bed."

"Training to be a poet, Mister Zabini?" Ginny asked in a mock-serious tone. Then she broke out into a grin and another fit of giggles.

Blaise simply shook his head at her and turned her around to say goodnight to everyone. "Draco, Hermione: I shall see you two in the morning after this one wakes up."

Draco nodded and Hermione waved goodnight. Ginny sent Hermione an air kiss, happily saying, "Sleep well, sis!"

Hermione returned the kiss and said, "Goodnight, my dear sister!"

Blaise disappeared with Ginny behind their portrait and Draco looked down at Hermione with a raised eyebrow. "Sister?"

Hermione grinned at him. "We decided in my room earlier that we are officially sisters since we both wanted one. It also helps that her mother practically adopted me years ago, anyway."

"That makes sense," Draco said. Then he rested a hand on the small of her back and led her towards her room. "Let's get you to bed. You'll be exhausted tomorrow."

She smiled at him as he led her to her room, leaving her with a short but passionate kiss and then leaving to go to his room. Hermione sighed contently and took her flats off, sitting on her bed. She then reached back to unzip her dress and realized after a few moments of struggling that she wasn't able to reach the zipper.

After trying to come up with a solution, she stood up and left her room, steadying herself against the wall as she went down the stairs and up the other stairs that led to Draco's door. She knocked and waited patiently, scowling as she heard a chuckle from the other side before it opened.

"Couldn't stay away from me, eh Granger?" He said with a grin.

"Back to last names, now, ferret?" She retorted.

"I'm sorry, love. Is there something you need?"

She grinned mischievously and said, "It seems that I am unable to reach my zipper."

A wide grin broke out on his face and he leaned against the doorway. "Oh really? And I suppose you've come over to ask me for help."

"Well since you make it sound like such a burden, I guess not," Hermione said with a sigh, "But I'm sure there are plenty of willing men to help me in the Gryffindor tower-"

Before she could finish the rest of her sentence, he pulled her into his room and against him with a growl. "No one gets to undress you but me."

"Possessive already, Malfoy?"

"Only of you, love," He replied with a smile. "You are mine, after all."

"Not yet," She replied.

"You are basically mine," He said in a low voice. "We just haven't made it official yet. Now turn around so I can help you out of the dress."

She smirked at him and turned around slowly as she felt his hands at the top of her dress. He worked the hook that was at the top and slowly dragged the zipper down her back, his other hand gliding down her soft skin. She closed her eyes and enjoyed his touch, nearly dropping the front of the dress by accident.

He stopped at the base of the zipper and put a hand on her waist, and she felt his breath on her neck as he asked lowly into her ear, "Are you wearing nothing underneath this?"

Chills ran down her arms at the huskiness of his voice and she grinned as she said, "Nothing up top."

He groaned quietly in response and began to trail kisses down her neck and onto her shoulder. He seemed to favor the crook of her neck, causing her to roll her head back against him and tilt it away, opening the area further to give him easier access. He now had both of his hands on her hips, pulling her closer to him.

She hummed with lust and he caught the scent that nearly drove him to lose control the last time they were nearly intimate, and he closed his eyes to take a deep breath. The Veela in him slowly started to take over and he felt his canines lengthen again this time, trying hard to resist his instincts. It wasn't easy though, since every cell in his body was screaming at him to mark her and then either push her against the wall or onto the bed and claim her.

It didn't help that she moaned quietly as she felt his canines drag against her skin with his kisses. He growled in frustration and pulled away slightly, resting his head on the area he was just kissing and trying to calm his now quickly beating heart.

"Draco?" She asked quietly. "Is everything alright?"

He didn't answer immediately, instead taking a few deep breaths and straightening up. "I'm trying very hard to not lose control right now."

He was caught off guard when he heard a giggle as a response and she looked over her shoulder at him. "What if I said I was ready?"

His Veela nearly took over fully and his entire body jolted as he fought himself from jumping her right then and there. "You are not in the right state of mind right now; you have had a lot to drink and I would feel bad."

"Please, Draco..."

He clenched his fists again her waist and closed his eyes, trying to regain control. Her intoxicating sent mixed with the want in her voice was driving him wild. "Hermione, as much as I desperately want to, I will not. Not tonight, and not with you in this state. I don't want you to look back with regret because of the fact that you had been drinking and thereby resent me for it."

She thought for a few moments and then nodded her head, looking down at the floor. "I'm sorry."

He smiled and shook his head at her, kissing the back of her head gently. "Don't be sorry. I promise I will make it up to you soon."

"I'm just scared that I won't have the courage to go through with it when I'm sober," She admitted quietly.

Draco sighed and turned her around, putting his hands on his shoulders and smiling slightly when he noticed her still holding up the dress. "I don't want you to rush yourself with this for my sake. We can wait to do it, Hermione. I promise."

She nodded again and smiled at him. "I suppose I'll be going to bed then."

He smiled slightly in response. "It's for the best. I would love for you to stay but then I'd be going against my word of never taking advantage of a woman who isn't in her right mind."

She reached up to kiss him gently before going back to his doorway. "Thanks for unzipping me, ferret."

He grinned and shook his head at her as she disappeared, and then groaned in frustration as he fell onto his bed, wandlessly shutting his door with a wave of his hand. She was going to be the death of him, that was for sure.