Ch. 25

"Ginny, I don't know what to do!"

Hermione was pacing back and forth at the foot of her bed while Ginny was sitting in the middle, watching her friend as she worried.

"'Mione, you've already accepted him, right?" Ginny asked.

"Yes but that's not the problem," Hermione said, exasperated. "I'm not...prepared for the next two steps! Especially if they possibly happen together!"

"I don't think Draco is the kind of guy to force you to do those things, even if he is a Veela," Ginny said, gesturing towards the closed bedroom door. "I'm sure he'd understand your concerns."

Hermione sighed leaned against the wall opposite the bed. "I know he wouldn't force me, but what if he loses control?"

Ginny bit her lip. "I'm not sure. I have the same concern with Blaise, and it's definitely something that has me worried. But at the same time, I don't think they would do anything that could possibly hurt us."

"That's true, I guess," Hermione said, looking down at the floor. "Still, I was hoping that my first time would be special, not brought about by raging hormones from being marked by a Veela."

"That doesn't mean that it won't be special," Ginny shrugged. "Draco cares a lot about you; I'm sure he wouldn't treat you as just a quick shag if that's what you're thinking."

"He does have a fairly horrible reputation for sex," Hermione said. "I don't know. It's just become a lot more real for me. He's been really good about making sure I'm not uncomfortable with how we are progressing, but now I feel like there's an urgency to...complete everything."

"We don't have a deadline to do any of this," Ginny stated calmly.

"You heard Professor Rhodes; she said that Veelas become very restless and protective. Draco's already on high alert because apparently Pansy threatened to hex me," Hermione said, gesturing towards the door frustrated. "It's only going to get worse, and I don't know if I can take that. I don't like feeling like I'm some sort of porcelain doll that needs to be protected."

"Merlin knows you can definitely protect yourself," Ginny said. "You were the first person to master non-verbal spells in your class and you practically know every spell that's ever existed. I can see how that's frustrating that he's treating you like that. If Blaise did that, I would've snapped at him already."

"Well I finally got it out of him this morning before class, but I have a feeling that he's still going to act like that." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I don't know; I know I want to be with him regardless of the fact that he's a Veela and we're going to be together anyway, but this just feels really sudden."

"Maybe it's just something you need to do and get it over with, get it out of the way. Honestly, the first time is really hyped up anyway and shouldn't be treated too seriously," Ginny said. "My first time with Harry was horrible."

"I remember you giving me a few details but it didn't sound too bad," Hermione replied, raising an eyebrow.

Ginny giggled. "I wanted to spare you because I know you're not necessarily comfortable about the subject."

"I appreciate that, Gin," Hermione grinned.

"Does Draco know you haven't done anything physical?" Ginny asked curiously.

Shaking her head, Hermione responded nervously, "It's not like that just necessarily comes up in conversation."

"Maybe not your conversations," Ginny grinned.

"Well not all of us are as open about talking about our sexual experiences as you are," Hermione teased.

Ginny laughed and said, "It's not such a bad thing to talk about! Really, you should hear some of the Hufflepuffs!"