Ch. 9

Hermione woke up the next morning, not remembering how she got into bed. She didn't remember much after getting into her dorm, but she figured if something bad had happened, she would know already.

Her head throbbed as she sat up and she couldn't hold back the groan. She was going to hex Ginny for letting her drink that much vodka. Never again. At least it was Saturday.

She perked up a bit when she remembered that it was Hogsmeade day, and that she would be seeing Harry and Ron again. Smiling to herself, she kicked her legs over the edge of the bed and went to take a shower.

She tried hard to ignore the headache, making a mental note to get a Pepper Up potion from Madam Pomfrey later as she wand-dried her hair into soft waves. She liked that it took less time than normal, frowning as she could hear her mother chastising her for using magic to complete a mundane task. Her parents were never fans of her using magic to fix things, but this was so much easier than a hairdryer.

Ignoring the sad feeling that thinking of her parents gave her, she left the bathroom and went to her wardrobe. She searched through her tops, deciding on a plain black three-quarter-sleeve shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans, completing the outfit with black boots that stopped right below her knees.

Happy with her outfit, she went back to the bathroom and dug through her small makeup bag, deciding on a simple look with only mascara and a soft pinkish-nude lipstick. After completing her makeup, she smiled and left the bathroom, grabbing her wand and sticking it into her right boot before leaving her room.

She groaned as the light hit her, shielding her eyes from the sunshine and slowly making her way down the steps. Going immediately to the kitchen for some coffee, she noticed a familiar bottle on the counter with a note under it.

Hermione,

After last night, I thought you might need some Pepper Up. We'll talk later tonight; I've already got plans with Blaise today.

Draco

Hermione smiled slightly at the note and then shook her head. She happily uncorked the bottle and drank the potion, feeling her headache go away almost immediately. Unfortunately though she felt the steam come out of her ears, and she grimaced. Even though Pepper Up was typically used to relieve colds, someone had discovered it also works surprisingly well for hangovers. The side effects were still the same, but fortunately for Hermione the effects only lasted a few minutes instead of the typical few hours.

She felt much better, and after the steam finished coming out of her ears, she left her dorm to go down to breakfast where Ginny was most likely already waiting for her.

Immediately spotting the red head, she made her way through the tables and sitting down opposite her friend. Ginny was practically bouncing around in her seat, grinning ear to ear.

"Hurry up and eat so we can go to Hogsmeade!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Hogsmeade isn't going anywhere," Hermione said, smiling. "And Harry and Ron aren't even getting there for another few hours."

"I know, but I had a couple of things I wanted to buy as well before we met up with them, and I know you're dying to go to the bookshop!" Ginny replied.

They both filled their plates as they discussed their plans before meeting with Harry and Ron. From the Slytherin table, Blaise and Draco were both listening intently, smiling quietly to each other. They both enjoyed hearing their mates, especially when they were happy hanging out with each other.

Draco was happy that Ginny had been mated with Blaise not just for Blaise's sake, but for Hermione's. He knew that he and Blaise would always be friends, and therefore their mates had to be friends. It just made it a little easier knowing the two girls already liked each other. His mate would be happy for the rest of her life, he would make sure of that. And if he and Blaise had to live next to each other for Hermione and Ginny to always be this happy, he would gladly do it.