Ch. 23

Blaise recovered quickly and he was able to leave the Hospital Wing the next morning, much to the others' delight. Ginny was by his side the entire time, only leaving him during to attend classes, and even then they were at each other's sides in between their different classes. They had ended up taking up residence on Draco and Hermione's common room couches, transfiguring them into a bed at night and then back into couches in the morning.

The four of them even started eating together, switching back and forth between tables every other day. The other houses soon became used to this, and they no longer received stares as the group entered the Great Hall, only the occasional glare from a few people at whichever table they decided to sit at that day.

It was about the third week of October when during breakfast, the Headmistress approached the group at the end of the Gryffindor table.

"It has come to my attention," She started sternly, "That Miss Weasley and Mister Zabini have been staying in the Head Dorm instead of their own dorms."

Blaise and Ginny looked at each other nervously, unsure of how she found out where they had been staying. Blaise looked up at her and replied, "Professor, Ginny has been worried about us being apart since the last time I was in the Hospital Wing, so yes, we have been staying in the Head Dorm together."

"Mister Zabini, as appreciative as I am of your straightforwardness, the Head Dorm is only to be used by the Head Boy and Head Girl," She said in a matter-of-factly tone.

Blaise bowed his head and Ginny looked at Hermione, as if she would be able to fix the situation. But Hermione only returned the panicked look her friend had given her before looking up at Professor McGonagall and saying, "Professor, I didn't...I mean, we didn't...."

A quick look from McGonagall silenced her and the Headmistress continued with a wave of her hand. "Follow me, please."

The group hesitated before standing up and following the Headmistress as she led them out of the Great Hall and down the corridor. They all walked in silence to the Head Dorm's portrait, where the Headmistress gave the password and motioned for them to go in. Blaise's mind was in a whirlwind; he didn't care if he would be expelled, but he was immensely worried about Ginny being expelled. After all, he was the one who brought up the idea of them staying together in the Head Dorm.

When the four of them entered the room, they all noticed that immediately to the right of the entrance inside the dorm was a new staircase, similar to the two staircases on the back wall that lead to Draco and Hermione's room but smaller in size. This one led to another portrait of a young woman. Ginny recognized her instantly.

"Oh, it's you!" She exclaimed happily. Then she looked back at the Headmistress with a confused look. "But...I don't understand."

"Well, Miss Weasley, I saw it only fit that since neither nor Mister Zabini are of Head status, you should instead receive a dorm of your own."

"But Headmistress-" Blaise started to argue before it sunk it and he paused. "Wait, what?"

She gave him a small smile. "Yes, Mister Zabini. Considering your unusual circumstances, I deem it only necessary that you two should not be separated, as we cannot afford for either of you to miss classes again or to have something worse happen. Now, since it would be easier to have you two," She nodded towards Draco and Blaise, "In the same area to keep track of you, I have made the new dorm right next to the Head Dorm. In order to make sure that the other students do not catch on to the fact that you two are sharing a dorm, the entrance to your dorm will be through the Head Dorm."

The four of them simply gaped at her, and she looked between the four of them over the rim of her glasses. "I trust that you will keep this information to yourselves; I don't want other students coming to me and asking for the same liberties."