Ch. 34

Ginny decided that she wanted to tackle Hermione's hair before taking care of her own. All she had to do was make Hermione's hair darker and thicker, along with adding a few more curls. Ginny was able to flawlessly do the hair-thickening charm, and the two girls watched in amazement as Hermione's usual mass of curls grew larger and longer.

"This may have been a mistake," Ginny muttered, stepping up onto the tips of her toes to look over Hermione's hair at the brunette in the mirror. "Now, I'm not as good with the color-changing charm..."

"Well I certainly don't want my hair bright pink," Hermione said with a grin.

Ginny scowled at her. "You do it then, and then change mine."

"I like how you make me the guinea pig in either situation."

"The what?" Ginny asked with a confused look.

Hermione shook her head. "Muggle expression."

She then took a lock of her hair and sucked in a nervous breath before saying, "Crinus muto!"

The lock of hair in Hermione's hand darkened to a deeper shade of brown and she grinned. "Perfect! Now I just need to do the rest!"

She grabbed a thicker lock and changed it to match the other lock, and within thirty minutes she had darker hair that matched the character of Christine. Ginny searched through her hair to make sure no lock was missed and she nodded with a smile. "Looks like you got it all."

Hermione bounced. "I kind of like it! It's different, but not drastically different. What do you think?"

"It looks good!" Ginny agreed, reaching out to touch her hair again. "I mean, it's going to take a bit to get used to it, but I really like it! I wonder what Draco's going to think!"

"He better like it," Hermione muttered as she fluffed her hair out slightly. "I'm seriously thinking of keeping it."

"I doubt he'd be opposed to that," Ginny said as she sat down next to her friend. "And once I'm done with the styling, he's going to beg me to make you up every single day!"

The two girls laughed and Ginny stood up suddenly as a thought occurred to her. "I'm going to go get that bottle of wine before I change my hair. I think the boys should wait until we're completely ready to see us, so I'm keeping you locked in here so that a certain blond Veela doesn't come looking!"

"I will not argue with that!" Hermione said with a grin. "Maybe get two bottles; it's only noon, and the ball starts at seven!"

Ginny responded with a smirk of her own and disappeared from the bathroom, walking confidently out of Hermione's dorm and tightening her robe. A sudden flash of ginger caught her eye and she watched as Godric chased Salazar from the Head dorm to her dorm and she giggled. The orange kitten was a terror to Salazar, but the older cat didn't seem to mind.

She made it through the door after a quick conversation with the girl in the portrait and marched straight to Blaise's dorm and knocked.

Blaise opened his door with a smile and asked, "And to what do I owe the pleasure, my love?"

Ginny couldn't help but blush as she said, "Hermione and I would like the wine we were promised. And I would like to ask that we get a second bottle because one will not last seven hours and there's no way I'm chancing either of you seeing the two of us until we're ready for the ball."

Her Veela turned to smirk at Draco over his shoulder before sighing. "I suppose we can give you a second bottle. And we for sure cannot see you two until the ball?"

"Not unless you'd like to be jinxed," She grinned evilly. "And trust me, I'd be happy to make Draco look like the actual Phantom."

Draco gave her a look of horror before holding up two bottles of wine. "Here! I promise I won't try to peek in on my mate!"