Ch. 22

Ginny woke up the next morning with her head on Blaise's chest, and she sat up, startled. She didn't remember falling asleep like that, but when she saw that he was still unconscious she sighed unhappily.

She sat cross-legged next to him, holding his hand as she tried to read one of the books that Hermione had brought her. She wasn't able to focus though as her worry for Blaise increased every minute that passed with him still unconscious. 

With a huff she closed the book and set it down next to her, looking back at Blaise and wrapping both of her hands around the one she was holding. She wanted so badly for him to wake up so that she could apologize. Would he even still want her though after his Veela felt rejected?

A sudden commotion outside of the hospital wing caught her attention and she could hear raised voices making their way through the corridor. She recognized one as Professor McGonagall's voice, but the other was a woman's voice that she didn't know.

The two woman burst through the wing doors, and when Ginny realized they were making their way to where she was, she jumped off the bed in shock and stood up, still holding on to Blaise's hand.

The other woman with the Headmistress was one of the most beautiful women that Ginny had ever seen. She had very high cheekbones and flawless dark skin, with a small beauty mark just beneath her right eye. She was wearing a beautiful floor-length green dress that showed her wealth, as Ginny knew that dress possibly had to cost more than her family's home. Her hair was pulled into a tight bun with a metal ring holding it in place. The woman's eyes reminded her of Blaise's own dark ones, but these were filled with fire as she caught sight of the unconscious wizard.

"What happened to him?" She demanded. Her eyes flicked to Ginny's hand holding Blaise's and she sneered. "And what, pray tell, are you doing here?"

Ginny was caught off guard by the woman's iciness, and she stuttered as she tried to answer, faltering under the woman's cold gaze. The woman stopped right in front of her, glaring down at the red head. "I would advise that you let go of my son's hand immediately."

"Aster," Professor McGonagall interrupted. "Based off of recent events, I'm afraid it would be in your son's best interests for Miss Weasley here to not let go of his hand. After all, she is his mate."

The woman whirled around angrily. "Are you really trying to tell me that this...girl, is my son's mate? With all due respect, Minerva, my son's Veela would not have chosen someone of her stature!"

The headmistress's eyes narrowed. "Considering that your son is in here because he was unable to be with her for four days, Aster, I would say yes; your son's Veela has chosen Miss Weasley."

Mrs. Zabini turned and glared at Ginny, who stood up straight and held onto Blaise's hand still despite the murderous look the woman was giving her. She looked Ginny up and down before sneering again, "He's in here because of you? I should have known! What did you do to him, you filthy little-"

"Mother..."

Everyone jumped and moved immediately to see Blaise breathing deeply and turning his head towards the group, his eyes barely open. "Please stop interrogating my mate."

Mrs. Zabini looked very conflicted, torn between happiness of her son being awake and hatred for the red headed girl who flung her arms around Blaise's neck. Ginny gave a cry of happiness as Blaise wrapped an arm around her, smiling weakly.

Madam Pomfrey immediately rushed over to inspect Blaise, ignoring the three women worrying over him. After a few minutes, she stood up straight and smiled at the couple. "Well, Miss Weasley, as I said yesterday, we caught him just in time. Welcome back, Mister Zabini. How are you feeling?"