0.8

before she continues to at least rest, she tried to have a glimpse of the clock by her side.

4.20 am

then, her alarm clock rang.

she felt surprisingly refreshed as she hit the off button on the clock that once again went off loudly at 5 in the morning.

she stretched slightly

"i had 40 minutes of sleep today." she thought, and that was already enough to make her happy and less pathetic.

she waited for him to show up in class today. when he did, she smiled slightly.

"oh hey! jinny! you're quite early huh?" he spoke up, she blushed with the sudden nickname.

she tried making an excuse, "oh yeah, i always come here early to try and at least sleep for a few minutes."

"well, it looks like you aren't doing that today." taehyung replied.

"i slept well.." jinah simply replied to taehyung. she could feel a small smile creeping on her face.

after almost months of staying up late for nothing, she finally got some rest this time.

taehyung smiled brightly at jinah, that unique box smile.

she remained calm and happy
because he was always there for her.

months have quickly passed, taehyung and jinah got closer and closer, their friendship strengthened.

jinah was able to open up to taehyung freely, telling most of her life stories, including her illness.

she could clearly remember when she finally told everything about herself to taehyung.

flashback

"well, i always look tired because i am tired." jinah said as she sighed deeply, looking down.

"huh? what do you mean by that?" taehyung asked her, with his confused look.

"well.. i can't really.. i usually can't sleep very well.. i just have trouble doing so.." jinah tried not to look at him in the eye as she spoken up, still looking down.

"you have insomnia?"

she slowly looked up, "guess you could say that.."

"what?! you have insomnia but you never told me?!" taehyung shouted, which made jinah flinch a little bit.

"i thought it wasn't necessary, you know.."

"it is! you are already exhausted with school and you still don't get enough rest?! have you never consulted your doctor or something?!" taehyung shouted again, which made jinah flinch a little bit again this time.

she heard how worried he was, and it made her feel bad somehow.