1.6

she woke up to the sun brightly shining through her window pane.

she never felt so refreshed, so.. alive.

she looked at the digital clock beside her table and her eyes widened as she saw the current time.

no, she was not worried because they two were late or something, since it is the weekend.

9.45 am.

she could have woken up at 4am, she could have woken up at 5am, she could have not slept at all.

she couldn't believe it.

6 hours. she slept for 6 hours. a normal sleep cycle for the people of her age.

it may seem as if it is nothing to be happy about, but for her, it mattered. a lot.

'but how did this happen? ' she thought.

jinah can feel the mattress move but she was not able to stop from comprehending with her very own thoughts.

as she was still staring out of nowhere, taehyung could feel himself stirring up awake as the sun brightly showed it's light to his face.

taehyung felt so refreshed as his worries from a few hours ago disappeared like the thin wind.

taehyung could see by his side that jinah was just gazing at nothing in particular and he called out for her.

"hey..."

those words sounded too raspy, too rough that it somehow brought pleasure to jinah.

she still remained unfazed, though, as taehyung stood up from the bed as stretched his arms out and yawned loudly.

"oi, jinah." taehyung called out again.

no budge.

he stood in front of her and met her eyes.

"hello? jinah? earth to jinah?"

he snapped his fingers in front of her and she seemed like she finally shattered herself from her personal thoughts.

"oh. you're finally awake? it seemed like your brain was just sleeping. pfft." taehyung smirked and said jokingly.

"wait.. did you even sleep at all?" taehyung continued to stretch his body as his back faced her. on the other hand, she was still facing the wall as she still can't believe what just happened.

"yeah.. i did, don't worry." she almost inaudibly whispered. it was too faint that he almost didn't hear what she said, but the room was too quiet, too peaceful, that he could almost catch on to every breath they release and withhold.

"oh? well, how many hours did you sleep then?" taehyung asked. jinah gulped as she felt nervous for some reason.

was it because her happiness was overflowing too much?

"s-ssi.."

"si..?"

"s-six. six hours. i slept for six hours.." taehyung felt his soul being wide as he heard those words coming from her own mouth.

"s-six?! six! you.. you're not kidding, right?" taehyung immediately jumped.

"n-no.. i'm not.." taehyung could not avoid himself from jumping in joy for a few moments.

taehyung then grabbed her hands and continued hopping with happiness.

what happened next was quite unexpected for jinah though.

by the time he was showing obvious mirth and elation, he pulled her arms, causing her to go with the force and falling down to a kneeling position in front of taehyung.