4. Bench

When I arrived I saw that my mother's car wasn't there.
I went inside and saw a note.

I'm going on vacation for a few months.
Bye

I was shocked.
What?

She's leaving me alone! For a few months. I couldn't believe that she was actually my mum. Unbelievable..

I phoned Joy, but it went straight to her voicemail. I couldn't think straight, so I walked away, again.

I was thinking about that Brad guy in the park. And then I almost forgot our "appointment" at the park.

At the same time, I went to "our" bench.

He already sat there and he looked at me.

He was wearing a blouse, skinny jeans, ray ban sunglasses and a hat. It was such a big difference than yesterday.

He looked very good, actually.

He didn't say hey, he said : "You know my name, but what's your name, love?"

He had a very cute accent, a Birmingham accent.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, my name is Alexandra, but everybody calls me Alex."

I was blushing when he repeated my name.

"Well, nice to meet you Alex" he said when he was winking at me.

"Nice to meet you too" I said.

"So.. You like the Arctic Monkeys?" He said when he was getting something out of his pocket.

"Yes! I love R U Mine so much! It is one of my favorite songs!" I said exciting

"It is my favorite song too!" He said
He has a something in his hand, and I didn't know what.

"I know I don't know you for a long time.... He started
But do you want to go with me to the Arctic Monkeys concert?"

"Brad are you serious? Omg, yes!!" I answered, while I was hugging him.

"I'm glad you like it, the concert is tonight, I don't know if you have any plans tonight..?"

"No I haven't actually. My mum is out of town for a few months, so I'm home alone." I said laughing.
But deep inside I had a sad feeling.

"Seriously? Your mum is out of town and leaves you alone? Wow, are you okay with it?" He said shocking
"Well.. I'm used to it, I'm actually glad that she's gone, otherwise.. Yeah.. Nevermind." I wanted to cry, but I didn't do it.

"Are you okay Alex? Do you want to go home? Or do you want to go to my place?" He said concerned.
"Maybe this sounds a bit weird, but do you want to stay at my place?"

"Is it weird if I say yes?" I said laughing
"Haha, no it isn't, I invited you though." He said with a big smile

"Haha okay, first I'm going to my place to get my stuff okay?" I said when I wanted to walk away
"Wait, I can drive you." He said when he held my hand

"Thank you so much Brad."
"You're worth it Alex."