Chapter 5: Morning Meeting

The sun shines on Jihun's face from the window by his bed.  It is bright and warm but he throws the blanket over his face to ignore it anyway.  It immediatly becomes clear that moving was a really bad idea.  The pain in his rib and torso knocks the wind out of him for a moment.  He lies still and breathes until he can lift his shirt and take a look at his bruise.  It seems redder than before and the raised bump in the middle of it has become much more swelled and pronounced.  He lets his hand fall back to the ground at his side and stares at his new ceiling. 

His whole body feels sore from sleeping on the ground and the unfamiliar swirls on the ceiling are a bit intimidating in their newness.  But the sun is still shining and his mouth has been smiling since he opened his eyes.  His mind feels light and the world seems a bit more colorful than he remembers it being before.  He feels around for his phone to find that he had somehow been laying on it in his sleep.  He did feel a bit closer to the pizza boxes still on the ground.  There are a few messages waiting for him and his heart flips around in his chest curiously.  He ignores it and open his messages.

Mom:
Feel free to come over for
your meals, Jihun. Don't be
a stranger now that you
aren't living here anymore.
We love you <3

He goes to text her back but his phone falls on his face.  He rubs his nose and blinks back tears before finding it in him to laugh at himself.  He slowly sits up and tries again.

Me:
Thanks, I'll try to make it
over.  Love you guys too.

Send.  He quickly opens the next one.

Heehee💢:
Hey! I was just thinking
that u sould treat me
to som dinner for bfast,
Cause I'm hungry.

Heehee💢:
I   really migh wast away
over hre

Heehee💢:
my gooness do u    hr evn
car

Heehee💢:
I'm so sorry for hangry
texting you.  Please ignore
that.  I know not what I do
that early.

Jihun shakes his head at his screen.  He reads the messeges again and notices that the first one was sent around 5 in the morning.  His eyebrows go up and he looks to see that the last one was sent a little after 8. 

Me:
It's ok.  Why were you up
so early?  Do you still need
food?

Send.  And he is left with one message that causes his fingers to grip his phone tighter in anticipation.  He taps on the name and it opens the thread.

Seungjun the Grand Wizard⚡️:
Good morning, Jihun. 😊The
sun woke me up. HBU?

Attached is a photo that makes him hide his face under the covers for a moment before peeking back at the phone still hiding the smile taking over his expression.