Chapter 19: Night

Seungjun carries Jihun inside once he realizes he had passed out in his arms from crying.  He tucks Jihun into his bed and leaves the door cracked open before he heads to the kitchen.  He opens the fridge and then closes it slowly as he lets out a sigh.  He leans against the door and glances at the wall that Jihun rested just on the other side of. 

"What do I do?"  He mumbles to himself.  Seungjun sniffles and reaches for his phone.  Normally Heejun would be here to bounce his anxieties off of.  Heejun would give him really good advice and really terrible advice.  Heejun would tell him everything was gonna be fine and that he was being a total worrywart over nothing and because it was Heejun Seungjun would believe him. 

But Heejun is in the hospital and all Seungjun has is himself and all Jihun has is Seungjun.  At least for however long it takes Jihun to forgive his parents.  Jihun, how small and helpless was he all those years when that sick man took him and messed up his life forever?  Seungjun's hand clenches around his phone.  He can feel an anger welling up in him that he isn't used to.  If that man wasn't dead already he'd definitly have Seungjun's fists scheduled to meet with his face in his near future. 

But he is dead.  And Jihun is alive.  And Jihun is safe, in a literal sense.  And Jihun will get through this.  Seungjun swears to himself with the kitchen light as his witness that he will do everything in his power to make sure Jihun gets through this.  

His phone vibrates in his hand.  It's Youjin.  He answers as quickly as his fingers will let him.

"Is everything ok?"  He answers.  He hears laughter in the background.  It sounds like Heejun.  His relieved sigh turns into a weak chuckle at himself.  He glances at the wall again and quietly walks out of his apartment not wanting to wake Jihun.  

"Heejun wants to know where you have been.  He told me to call.  Where have you been?"  Youjin sounds tired and stressed.  Seungjun shakes his head at the worry that begins to build for him.  No, he tells himself, Heejun will straighten him out, Youjin can take care of himself.  Seungjun leans on the rail of his front balcony.

"Some stuff with Jihun came up.  Can you tell Heejun I'm sorry?"  Seungjun says.

"Depends, are you actually sorry?"  Heejun's voice answers bringing an instant small smile to Seungjun's lips. 

"Of course, I am sincerly sorry for missing out on another fun filled day at the hospital with you." Seungjun teases him.  It gets a small laugh out of Heejun.  "Heejun actually,"  His hands grip the rail as he pauses not wanting to say what he is about to.

"You better not be about to tell me that you are going to miss another day here.  I'm getting discharged tomorrow.  I want you to pick me up and walk me over the threshold of our apartment so we can properly chrisin my overdue arrival."  Seungjun lets out a laugh at the image of that.

"Shouldn't that be something you do with Youjin?"  Seungjun says as he calms his laughter.

"Nah, we're more of a power couple.  Anyway, so I'm just calling to make sure I still have a place in that cold heart of yours and in our apartment."  Heejun says.  

"Hey, my heart isn't cold, it's just preoccupied.  And of course you still have a place here.  I'll be there just tell me the time."

"No, I won't you'll just have to be here as soon as business hours start until they let me go."  Heejun whines.  Seungjun glances at the door and shakes his head at himself.

"Heejun I'm not sure if I can be there right as visiting hours start.  I want to let Jihun sleep as much as he can."

"What do you mean?  Is Jihun ok?"  Heejun's voice loses it's light mischevious tone.  Seungjun runs his free hand through his hair and sighs.