No need to get your knickers in a twist

He had dark circles under his eyes, messier than usual hair, a mean look plastered on his face, and didn't even say good morning to any of his dorm mates. Things like that only meant one thing: Harry was in a bad mood.

Draco was positive that Harry didn't sleep at all the night before. When he woke up at 3:00 am to use the bathroom, he saw Harry just sitting and staring at a wall. He didn't think anything of it as he was half asleep, but now that he was fully awake, he realized that this was the likely cause of Harry's moodiness. Draco tried to ask Harry if anything was wrong, but he just pushed pass him and walked out for an early breakfast.

Blaise and Theo were bickering over their favorite Quidditch teams, Blaise was getting really heated over Theo talking smack about his team, when Gemma called attention. Everyone looked at her immediately and halted their conversations to hear what she had to say. She smiled and started to address the first years.

"All first years should know that your flying lessons will take place on the training grounds this afternoon with the Gryffindors. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be pinning the announcement up on the notice board if you'd like to look at it," she smiled and hung up the announcement.

It was like a switch was flipped. All of a sudden, everyone started to talk about the flying lessons. Even Blaise and Theo stopped bickering and started going on about their excitement for it. There was a good amount of bragging from some people about their flying skills, too. Draco being one of them.

"Father says it'd be a crime if I'm not offered a position on the team next year," Draco told anyone who would listen, having a smug look on his face. "We have our own pitch up at the manor. Of course it's far better than the school's one and-"

Draco immediately stopped talking when he saw Snape standing in the doorway, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at Draco.

"My apologies, Mr. Malfoy, for interrupting such an entailing exult of your home lifestyle, but I would like to have a discussion with you in my office at this time," he said before walking away swiftly.

Draco shrugged at his year mates' questioning glances and took off after Snape. He jogged up to him and entered his office. The door closed behind them and Draco stood in front of his desk.

"As breakfast is served in about ten minutes, I'll make this brief," Snape started.

Draco sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk and looked up at the professor. Snape thought for a few seconds before continuing.

"Miss Moon and Miss Greengrass have informed me when they requested bruise paste that you and Mr. Potter are friends. I understand that you weren't present to witness the act, but did Potter ever mention anything of the incident regarding him and Mr. Weasley? Perhaps why Mr. Weasley felt the need to induce harm upon Potter?"

Draco honestly was not expecting that question at all. He thought of his conversations with Harry after the incident and couldn't remember Harry ever mentioning it again. He shook his head at the professor and shrugged.

"Harry never brought it up again after that day. Theo tried to ask him about it that night, but he just told us to forget it ever happened and to move on," he told him.

Snape seemed to be thinking. He moved forward a bit and then spoke.

"Did either of them provoke it? Was something said to the other in the days before? As his Head of House, it is my duty to make sure my students are safe and to prevent any future disputes from occurring. Are you sure it was just Mr. Weasley being aggressive and it isn't something between the two?"