Are you meaning to tell me that this was all fake??!

The three students walked back up to the castle feeling slightly tense, yet mostly relieved that Hagrid agreed to get rid of the dragon. Harry couldn't imagine how much stress he'd be under if Hagrid were to keep the dragon. Would he have asked Harry to help with it? Harry shook his head at the thought.

Harry looked up and saw Draco slowly walking faster every few steps. He had his hand clenched inside one of his outer pockets.

"Why do you seem to be in a hurry? Do you have to use the loo?" Harry asked, raising his eyebrows at Draco.

Draco scoffed and turned around, still walking up the hill to the castle.

"If you must know, I would like to drop off a letter to my parents to the owlery before curfew draws any closer," Draco said, turning around and speed walking up the hill.

Hermione looked at Harry and shrugged. They both watched as Draco made it up to the castle and went inside, seeming to be in a hurry. Harry and Hermione ended up chatting until they parted ways.

"Mumbled bumbled who knew a Hufflepuff could be so humbled," Harry annoyingly mumbled to himself as he walked down the stairs to the dungeons. He heard some of the Hufflepuffs chanting that annoyingly catchy phrase and it has been stuck in Harry's head since.

As he walked into his House, he noticed Pansy and Blaise sitting in the far corner talking to each other. Besides a sixth year girl passed out in the lounge area, the common room was vacant. The conversation between his two year mates seemed suspicious as Pansy was never not surrounded by her little girl clique. Giving into the urge, Harry stooped low and hid behind a large armchair close to where the two were talking. He strained to hear and tried to keep his breathing steadied.

"-yeah that's what Mother told me.."

"Didn't you hold a little "party" in the girls' dorm with Potter? I remember hearing about that.. What'd you end up doing anyway?"

"Honestly we just chatted and gossiped.. The most I got out of Harry was his favorite color."

"...What is it?"

"That's besides the point Zabini! I feel weird being around him.."

"So do I.. It's harder than I thought forcing myself to be somebody's friend. He seems nice though.. Do you think he's hiding something? Mother told me that he would be arrogant and snobby; Someone not to trust."

"That's what my Father told me, too. What do you think Draco's up to talking to him all the time, then? Under his father's orders I assume.. Hmm.. He doesn't seem annoyed or bored with Potter either so maybe he's on our side?"

"Blaise! There is no sides anymore. The Dark Lord is gone."

"Then why are our families making such a big deal over getting on his good side, huh? It makes me nervous.."

"I don't know.. I.. don't know."

"So should we try to become his friend more? Pretend to be nicer?"

"Might as well. Maybe we'll even learn some secrets from him of Draco. Haha can you imagine!"

"Pfft we already know he sleeps with a teddy under his pillow."

"Oh that's good! So tomorrow we'll talk to him more?"

"Yeah, we'll just have to talk to him more. My parents would be displeased if I didn't at least get him on my good side by the end of the year."

"Agreed."

Harry's heart began beating faster and his face was flushed. Did people really only talk to him because they had to or because of his fame? He couldn't believe it. Or.. Maybe he could.