Indian Tribal Law In America

This will let you understand more about the story, and about the law, this law is a real law here in the United States of America .  If you are part Indian , your parents are Indian you are apart of a tribe , where if you are adopted or given to one parent without the others consent then , they are able to take you from that parent , and bring you back into the country. Sometimes it takes years to get that child back. Here are some information  quoted from the National Indian Law Library. 

 " Indian tribe jurisdiction over Indian child custody proceedings(a) Exclusive jurisdiction

An Indian tribe shall have jurisdiction exclusive as to any State over any child custody proceedings involving an Indian child who resides or is domiciled within the reservation of such tribe, except where such jurisdiction is otherwise vested in the State by existing Federal law. Where an Indian child is a ward of a tribal court, the Indian tribe shall retain exclusive jurisdiction, notwithstanding the residence or domicile of the child .

Pending court proceedings(b) Appointment of counsel

In any case in which the court determines indigency, the parent or Indian custodian shall have the right to court-appointed counsel in any removal, placement, or termination proceeding. The court may, in its discretion, appoint counsel for the child upon a finding that such appointment is in the best interest of the child. Where State law makes no provision for appointment of counsel in such proceedings, the court shall promptly notify the Secretary upon appointment of counsel, and the Secretary, upon certification of the presiding judge, shall pay reasonable fees and expenses out of funds which may be appropriated pursuant to section 13 of this title ".

~ thanks for reading. ... comment, vote

Love Meisha