Entry 2 : Personal Space!

"You're just gonna keep leaving this door open, aren't you?"

Nowadays, I don't dream. My eyes just open and my body feels slightly less tired. Slightly.

"Of course not. There's nothing of value here. Whatever someone decides to steal is their problem now." Lee always brings himself to come check on me, regardless of how strongly I advise him not to. He and I studied together at the Wycademy, but he specialized more in field work as opposed to myself. I'm certain that he's like this with all his friends. Not like I'm actually against it, I just can't verbally say how much I appreciate his time. Not sure why. "Except my pillow," I tell him. "That's actually valuable."

Welcoming himself to a seat on my prized sleep accomodation, Lee turned his hazel eyes to the rising sun, squinting a bit at the orange glare. "It's a pretty big world we live in, Freya, and there's more to it than sleeping all day."

"Pfft, yeah, like swinging around that enormous block of metal? No, thanks. I only love my bed and my momma, I'm sorry."

"It's a greatsword," he replied, chuckling a bit. Lee was never distant, or mysterious. He was upfront with everything he did, never fearing the consequences, even going so far as claiming to be the "best swordsman in the New World." There are things about him though, that inconvenience me greatly.

Gently glancing at me with those monolid eyes, his pink lips drawn into a delicate smile. The feeling I get from these expressions feels like the deadliest wound. "We all have our own dreams, Freya. A man living and dying for these dreams is something that should be honored, not pitied," he said, standing up.

This guy, other than hacking off monster parts, it looks like he's also good at hitting low blows. "Please spare me the old oriental proverbs, Lee."

"Hey, us orientals have some good stuff! Don't talk to strangers, look both ways before crossing the road, lock your front door.. Ancient Yukumo secrets." The smirk on his face made me want to kick him, only I'm pretty certain it wouldn't hurt him. Hunters like him can fall from the tops of waterfalls and land like it's all dandy fine.

"Okay, okay. I'll *try* to lock the door more often," I surrendered. His concern is nice but sometimes it becomes overwhelming. Makes me want to cry, or get a hug - which is a lot harder than antisocial expressions of negative opinions that stop other people from disliking me before I dislike them, thus protecting me from my own emotions as well as others'. "And stop bringing up Karo, damn it. He's dead and gone, so let him stay that way."

Lee turned the thumblock on the door before bringing it to a crack. "It's you that won't let him go, Freya. Not that there's anything wrong with that," he said, before closing the door and leaving. Great, I went to sleep sad and now I get to be sad in the morning. Damn Karo.. Claiming to have found evidence of some new Elder Dragon and went to go hunt it down. What a silly and stupid notion to waste your life for. Then again, there's no telling what killed him. After announcing that her "minion" would not return, Karo's Palico, Lucy, also disappeared. Thoughts of the past always seem to drain me, so I'm going back to sleep.
When I crack my eyes open from the sweet solace of rest, it's almost noon-time, which means that it's almost time to don my guild uniform and clock-in for my actual job - The New World Police Department.