Entry 7 : I'm Not A Hero!

"Thank you so much, Officer. Thank you!" Hearing the boy's parents thank me made me want to vomit. The kid, whose name turned out to be Arturo, just stood there with an annoyed look on his face. He knows the truth. I'm just waiting on him to say it.
"Yanno what?"
When he said that, I wanted to run.
"If you actually let me train to be a Hunter, none of this would've happened!"
Oh wow.
"Arturo, we encourage you to stick to your studies to avoid this kind of thing!" The mother spoke, sounding like all mothers who believe that raising a child means to stuff one thing or another down his throat.
"How would I have known what danger I was in? I see all these Hunters drag in monsters day after day... There's no way for me to have known that I never stood a chance." Tears rolled from Arturo's eyes as he spoke, before he wiped away his tears and ran away. Now, their thankful eyes are back on me, adoring me like some kind of hero.
"Thank you," the mother mouthed silently, as they walked away together. The only thing I can think about is going home. I should quit the Police Department after today, and maybe go back into being a Quest Handler -- then again, I was garbage at that as well. Today seems like it was just terrible, but seeing that side of Lee inspired me to be something more. Maybe I'll join the Elder Dragon Observation Team... Nah, too much work.

My eyes always seem to open as the sunlight shines through my window. There was Lee's arm sliding through a crack in the door, locking it. I wonder how often he does this.
"Lee, wait." I couldn't let him get away without a proper thanks. His hand jumped, seeming to be surprised all on its own as he stepped inside.
"Whoops. I don't usually get caught, so I don't know what to say right here." He's wearing basic leather armor, dyed black with a pair of goggles placed on his hip. I guess he didn't plan on hunting today.
"Whatever, schmuck. I owe you a huge apology."
Lee's eyebrows raised, like he doesn't know exactly what I'm talking about. I deserve it. "I didn't show you the proper amount of respect for your kindness, insisting on being present - just to end up holding you back. I feel terrible."
He folded his arms, looking down and chuckling a bit. "There's no need to apologize... well, about that, at least." Okay, now I'm confused. But he's a good friend and deserves every bit of effort.
"I don't get it." Okay, not the most apologetically desperate response I could think of, but that's what came out.
Lee turned around, looking out the window. "What I'm actually offended about is being peed on mid-air."
"... You can't leave this room alive."
"Nah, I'm just kidding. It was pretty funny seeing the golden glitters water the barren desert. I'm sure the Bauble Cacti were overjoyed."
Now he's definitely gotta die. I raised my fist, but he caught it so quickly and pressed my hand down to the bed, his grip gentle, yet inescapable.

"If you were scared to hit a Rathian, you should be terrified of hitting me," he said, staring me square in the eyes, his glare imprisoning me like his veiny hand.
"And why is that?" My voice came out in a whisper, excited for his response.
"Because you know what would happen if you agitate a Rathian. You have no idea what would happen if you got me riled up." His words made a strange tingling feeling roll down my body. Is this douchebag flirting with me?
"Well, what if I want to know?"
"Try me, and you'll find out." He said, letting go of my hand and standing up. I don't know what the heck it is I'm feeling, but I don't like how he acts like he knows exactly what he's doing to me.
"Anyway, as long as your door is locked, my mission here is complete."
"No it isn't." I mumbled. Every bone in my body wants to force him to stay and take responsibility for what he's doing. But I have more pride than that. He left, twisting the thumbturn lock before closing the door. Maybe he was just teasing me as always, and I'm reading too deeply into it.