Entry 17 : Last-Ditch Effort!!

Center Square, and there's a weird ferret-reptile thing terrorizing the place. It's got the body of some kind of weasel, glowing red eyes and a snake's head - not to mention visible cracks of lightning crackling across its white scaled body. The story gets worse, because the AGDF are getting straight-up pummeled. They're surrounding the beast, brandishing their iron weapons while it studies which one it'll eat first. I can't even talk about their trash-tier weapons because all I have is fists, and they're a lot weaker than normal fists.
"What are we just waiting around for..!? T-take this!" One idiot just lunges ridiculously at the monster, only to get tail-whacked back to the ground like a fly. The Tobi-Kadachi roared, stunning the surrounding officers with the intense volume of its cry, before pouncing forth, knocking the officers about. Even the attempts to defend against the beast were laughable, because no-one knew what the heck they were doing. Man, these idiots need me, I can't just sit here shaking in my boots. Okay Freya, calm down and study the situation. Everyone that attacks this thing gets pwned real quick, it's aggravated, and touching it can quite possibly singe you. I got it!
"Everyone, fall back! It's defending itself, so calm the hell down!" they all looked at me, seeming incredibly relieved that I gave them orders like a bunch of kids, but eventually gathered themselves and used slingers to get to the rooftops. "Don't get comfy, schmucks. That thing can still fly. We need to prioritize keeping it here and making sure it doesn't hurt any civilians!"
"Yes ma'am!"
With that, the Tobi-Kadachi turned to me. Oh crapnuggets. I forgot I don't know how to use the damn slinger. Oh dookie.. It's walking toward me ominously as hell, and I doubt its gonna lick me like that Apceros did. time for a last-ditch effort!!

I stuffed the Flashbug into my slinger and blasted that thing in the face, caushing a burst of light. It wasn't that bad to me, but I know that monsters have super-sensitive eyesight, so it was disoriented from the flash. The other officers cheered, looking at each other in disbelief before someone broke the murmuring.
"What are we waiting for!? Let's whack this thing!" Handful at a time, they descended with their weapons drawn, unleashing their arms upon the confused creature, which eventually stumbled and fell from the ocean of steel raining down upon it.
"Yeah! Let's finish it!!" A pompadour-haired guy ran in as the beast regained its feet, only to have his leg snatched into the monster's mouth. "Guagh!" He shrieked so suddenly as he was thrown against a house, falling lifelessly to the ground afterward.
Everyone paused, as if they forgot the creature was dangerous, then slowly looked at me like I was supposed to pull another Flashbug from between my buttcheeks. Crap. I knew that stun wasn't gonna last forever but now I'm genuinely concerned. If there's one thing about me, it's that I do my homework when it comes to monsters. I read whatever I can get my hands on, because I'm not good at actually fighting them. Come on Freya, think! What's the smart thing to do? What's the way around this..? Wait.. There isn't one.
"Attack!!!!" I pointed to the Tobi-Kadachi, striking a dominant pose with the other hand on my hip, hoping to hide my trembling knees. "Show this creature that man, is law!"
There is no strategy to weasel my way out of a fight. This thing needs to catch hands for the safety of everyone else. That's the essence behind all monster hunting! Everyone charged at the beast, most of their weapons bouncing off the hide of the squirrel-serpent before being knocked away. Of course, I'm way too scared to think about trying to fight that thing, so I went to check on the guy that got slammed into the wall.

I didn't get a chance to check on this dude before having another chick tossed at me. I gotta think fast. Do I catch her, or move out of the way? Wait, what the heck am I thinking? I'm not strong enough to catch a full-grown -- oof!
Wow. They never talk about how much it hurts to have a person thrown at you. It's like you only feel their bones. Setting that aside, the pompadour dude seems like he's still breathing, and so does this heavy ass girl on top of me. In the middle of the rabble, a glowing person charged through the center of the crowd, wielding an enormous hammer. Energy resonated throughout her body as she planted her feet into the ground and unleashed a spinning assault straight to the Tobi-Kadachi's face. Each rotation dealt another cracking strike before she suddenly stopped mid-spin and swung an uppercut with her hammer, dazing the monster.
The AGDF was preparing for another full-on assault when JB swung in with his slinger and planted a weird disc on the ground.
"I see the Ground Defense force put a real beating on this naughty little boy," said Rhys, placing her hands on her hips and yawning a bit. Dizzied and confused, the Tobi-Kadachi got up, causing everyone to flinch before suddenly pausing. I guess that disk is a Shock Trap, because it stopped this big ass creature in its tracks, with yellow electricity locking him in place. Rhys casually threw two purple smoke bombs in front of the monster, covering her mouth and stepping back a bit. After a few seconds of struggling, the beast was lulled to sleep.
"Looks like we just Kadachi captured this guy!" JB pounded his fist like he actually did any work. The rest of us officers scattered about to check on everyone else.