Entry 9: Colossal Snafu

The sunlight woke me up again, with Lee leaning against the side of my bed, his head tilted back and looking toward the ceiling. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt, something I thought I'd never see. I never noticed he had a stubble, so I guess he shaves every day? It's just a smooth greenish tinge below his nose and on his chin. I grabbed the nearest pillow, fluffing it with both hands... before covering his face with it.
"What the heck are you doing sleeping in my room!!??"
His breathing coming to a sudden stop, Lee's arm shot straight to my neck. Oh crap, I forgot Hunters have to develop ninja reflexes in order to survive the harsh wilds! WHAT THE HECK NOW I GOTTA GET MY BREATH PREPARED FOR WHEN I BEG FOR MY LIFE. His hand grazed gently past my clavicle over to my shoulder, easily pulling me off the bed.
"Oh, you doofus, you're screwed now! Sneaking into my house, and.. I'M ONLY WEARING A T-SHIRT! You're as good as de--!"
"Be quiet," he said, as the back of my head landed on his lap. My body gives me no choice but to obey. "I'm trying to sleep." I want to choke him, but his hand stroking my hair feels so good. I'm so weak. Wait, that means last night wasn't a dream. nOOOOOOOOO
"Lee, did we talk last night?" I'm praying he says no.
"Yeah, we did."
Prayers rejected. Okay, I got a big cup on my nightstand, now to find some bleach.
"But you weren't really saying anything, just mumbling random gibberish," he said, his eyebrows furrowing. Now that I had time to think about it, I see why he stayed. It's so stupid for me to sit here with my door open, passed out drunk on my bed. I don't deserve this doofus in my life.
-knock, knock, knock-
"Open up, ya slacker!" JB was outside my window, being just as theatrical as usual.
Lee's eyes were dark under, and resonated with a glint of annoyance. I guess he didn't get any sleep last night.

Lee answered the door, completely unbothered by how it would seem for him to have spent the night at my house. This is advantageous, however, because if I eavesdrop hard enough I might find out JB's actual name. "Well, if it isn't -"
"THE ZORAH MAGDAROS IS IN PLACE, MAN! WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS UP ALREADY!?" I can see his eyebrows worming about through the window. "Come on, man, we gotta go!"
"Shit. Getting ready now." What the heck. Why did he answer so quickly, knowing full well that he's exhausted? Well, he's got me thoroughly messed up if he thinks I'm gonna be that dumb girl that begs him to stay and rest.
"Lee, you're exhausted. Don't go." I see now that my mouth does whatever the heck it wants to.
"Have faith in me," he said, before running out the door. After a few seconds, he reached back in to lock the door, then ran back off.

WHY THE HECK AM I ON DUTY TODAY!? We're all crammed together in this weird ravine, there are cannons everywhere and the ground is rumbling like crazy. We're stationed along the sides of a deep rocky valley, awaiting the Zorah Magdaros. Of course, it's the Hunters that are gonna actually try to fight the damn thing, I just have to ensure their equipment is stocked beforehand. Other than that, there are hostile wingdrakes, Barnos specifically, bobbling around and its annoying because I don't know how to friggin fight. Luckily, they assigned some Hunters to protect us while we cart this stuff out.
"Hey, Fiver, stop wandering off and load those cannonballs!"
"Yes, sir!" My commanding officer, The Huntsman, must not be aware of the fact that I'm a normal girl and not secretly a bodybuilder like the rest of these hoes. I glance over at the huge crate of black iron death pellets, and these things are huge. Even worse, I see a hunter pick one up, and he's STRUGGLING. These people swing 80lb weapons on the reg, how the heck do they expect me to do this??
"Officer, for the last time -- damn it, go stock ballista bolts!"
I'm overjoyed that I'm not on cannonball duty anymore, but man I get sick of this prick yelling at me like he actually ever does anything - other than walk around fully armored in this weird Rathian armor alternative, talk in a deep devil voice and watch everyone else fight. And I'm pretty sure his voice is made with a microphone inside that cone face ass helmet.