Entry 6 : True Definition..

"This camp isn't too far from the Rathian's nest. Let's get moving," Lee said.
We're less exposed here, sure, but this drippy cavern looks like the mouth of a monster with all the pikes hanging about, and also thrusting from the ground like a dragon's teeth. Somehow, that creepy Handler girl was already at the camp, too, so that was pretty weird. Lee wasted no time to move forward, stepping across a thin stream that ran over the rocky pathways in the cave, firing his slinger to the edge of a slightly higher cliff. There's no way I'm climbing all those vines, especially since I ditched my pee-stained panties over a huge ravine inside the cave a couple meters back.
Wait, no, I trained for this. I'll just pull myself up and keep my legs straight. After all, I'm what they call a "proper lady," okay I don't gap my legs open climbing up vines and poles and etc.
Okay, about a minute's passed, and I'm a senior resident in Struggleville. I've always taken pride in my t h i c c thighs, but I had no idea they were this heavy! I'm holding my breath, afraid of calling for help, else I wake the dragon - or lose my concentratrion and fall two feet to my death. I'm too weak to pull myself up, so I'm just sitting here, pressing my forehead to my trembling fists.
Like a sword, penetrating my pride and my weakness, a black gauntlet slid gently between the gap of my elbow, grabbing my tricep and pulling me up. I feel so stupid as Lee helped me scale the ledge. If I would've just asked for help instead of choking on my own pride, I would've saved so much time. At the top of the cliff were two paths, the left one leading outside to a swampy crag, and the other leading to an upper level inside the cavern.
"We got another cliff, so stay close," said Lee, taking the path to the right. He stared at the vines as they lead to the top of the ledge before reaching out toward me. "What are you waiting for? Come on."

Carrying a bout of wind with her, the Rathian flew into the chamber of the cavern. I had to cover my eyes to shield me from the small dust tornadoes that whirled under her flight, most likely dragged in from the desert outside. Covered in pale green scales and pointed black spikes, smoke puffed from the wyvern's nostrils as she tossed the boy on the craggy cavern ground. My eyes widen in horror, because he couldn't be a day over ten years old. Lee watched carefully as the beast snarled at the kid, daring him to run. The Rathian drew back and roared, blowing him away and creating immense force around her. The sound makes me feel like my head is exploding. I thought that Apceros was huge, but this thing was enormous, and its wingspan outsized a wingdrake by at least twenty times.
"Stupid dragon! Is that all you got?!" The kid said, rolling to his feet and aiming an unfittingly large slinger at the wyvern's face.
Lee immediately dashed forward with his hand on the handle of his massive golden sword, only now realizing how dumb this kid had to be.
"Eat this!!!" Exclaimed the young boy, firing something from the slinger that exploded as it connected. The Rathian was annoyed at the most, shaking off the assault and suddenly taking flight.
"Wh-what..? Why aren't you dead!?" Wow, this kid was born to be Monster food. Of course I'm equally surprised, but you don't see me volunteering to fight Rathians in a dark cave. The Monster food stumbled back, now seeming to understand the situation he's in, when Lee drew his enormous blade and swung it skillfully at the Rathian's feet. She roared in surprise and agony, reeling before falling back to the ground.
"I'll hold the queen off, I need you to get that kid out of here!" Lee glowed with some type of weird energy, swirling through his body and around his blade in a crimson glow. But now something even weirder is happening. I want to move, but my legs won't do what I tell them to.

Lee's just swinging away at the thing, the cracking of its scales coarsing the caverns. He turned back at me, almost like he was going to scorn me, but instead compressed his lips and closed his eyes before turning his attention back to the wyvern. Every fiber of my being wants to run and grab that kid, but my knees keep shaking.. I don't want to be within twenty -- no a hundred feet of that thing. If my bladder wasn't already empty, I'd be making yet another stream in this drippy chamber. Lee created a crushing downward arc with his sword, using the momentum to cartwheel into another crazy attack which sent the Rathian reeling back. There's no way Hunters are human. Before I knew it, my head was turned, staring at the cliff I climbed up from. Why am I doing this? Is escaping the only thing I can think of right now? Why is that always the first thing that comes to mind whenever things are even slightly difficult?!
I turned back to check on the kid, whose literally cheering as Bad-Luck Palico carries him away. Instead of worrying about his survival, he's trusting Lee to protect him, a total stranger. There's no other explanation, I'm the true definition of a craven.
In the middle of my thoughts, the Rathian spun backward, drawing its breath. My eyes widen at the glowing embers swirling in its maw.. This thing was about to breathe fire. The boy's expression dropped as an orange glare illuminated his face, Lee turned around with panic in his eyes. I can't move my hands from my face. I can't bear to look at the result of my own actions. I didn't move my hands even after the sound of curling flames passed. If this thing fed me to its babies, I would deserve it.

No.. even though I'm weak and scared, I want to live! Just as I yank away my shaking hands I see Lee in front of the kid and Bad-Luck Palico, shielded behind his greatsword, before firing a brown powdery clump from his slinger. "Eat a Dung Pod!!!" The wyvern roared as the mysterious substance splashed in its face, and flew away toward the exit. I can't believe it. A wad of animal crap literally did just save that child from being eaten. Meanwhile, an able-bodied adult woman like myself was gonna sit and watch as my fellow humans were turned into hors d'oeuvres.
I'm so happy they're both still alive, but seeing his face makes me feel like dying. Just as I was falling to my knees, he scooped he over his shoulder just as easily, before jumping over the cliff and running back back toward the camp.
"Don't touch the edge of that sword, it's sharp!" He said, still worried about the safety of a doofus like me. Bad-Luck Palico and the kid followed shortly after.