Epilogue : Unlocking My Door?

"So, we can't put any Honey in these stupid boxes?"
"No ma'am. First Aids and guild Rations only."
"Well, whatever. Load em up. We're gonna make sure this mission succeeds, and if they don't, we'll pull them out of this hellhole." And that's exactly what this place is, a hellhole. There's this horrible stench that feels like its draining my life, and its littered with bones, carcasses and carrion. There are a couple of base camps we set up here in the Rotten Vale, and I'm making sure all the Supply Chests are stocked, along with some helpful hands from the AGDF.
"How about that Zorah Magdaros though?" Said one of the men, walking in complete silence before then, wielding a Hunting Horn.
"I heard it exploded in the ocean." Replied one of the others, folding his bow and placing it on his back.
"I exploded in your mom last night."
What the heck is up with these doofuses? Do they not know that our lives are in freaking danger? "I hope you ladies are gonna be ready to fight in case we get ambushed by a pack of Girros," I said, hopefully reminding them of the situation we're in. They looked at each other for a brief second before bursting into laughter.
"Ambushed? Psh, we'll be fine as long as you're here, Chief!" They all cheered when he said that. I guess they really think of me like some kind of hero after that fiasco last week. Since then, I've resolved to actually help people, and be upfront with everything from now on.

I''m actually glad to have all this time to myself recently. Without anyone to babysit me in my douchiness, I've had the time and space to actually grow and want more for myself. I just wish those people who genuinely wanted to be around me could see the person I've grown into. At this point though, I'm pretty sure Lee's gotten sick of my unnecessary stand-offishness. He always came closer while I pushed him away, never admitting how much I appreciate him. I feel the worst about the situation with Karo. He ventured off for probably the most important Quest of his life, and all I ever did was worry and discourage him. I remember how he always kept his hair short, to "slide out of a monster's grip," and got a haircut before leaving, playfully smacking me on the butt. Now, he's the person I always bugged him to be. He let his hair grow out, stopped hunting and learned how to just enjoy his life, but it doesn't make me happy. It just makes me feel like I took away his dreams. Whatever the hell he fought injured him so greatly, all that was left was my nagging and it shaped him into who he is now. I don't deserve to even think about having him at my side. Thinking back on the horrible person I've been, I actually deserve to be alone.
I look up at the ceiling of my house, replaying the day in my mind, which actually proved to be a lot like most other days. I walked home after a long day of work, actually doing productive stuff. Before departing on restocking missions, studying different ways to utilize my slinger since I'm too weak to wield a weapon, but that hasn't stopped me from giving my Commission-supplied Sword and Shield a few swings. Every day is like the same routine with a different spin on it. Of course, there are new adventures waiting after every stack of paperwork, but it all begins by waking up, unlocking my door and stepping outside. Wait.. unlocking my door?