Entry 3 : A.. Quest!?

"I'm telling you, I asked this jabroni to spot me while I upped my max, and he got distracted by a friggin babe!"
Here I am standing between two fussing cat-people, known as Palicoes. One of them is cute and brown, and about the same size as a small child, and the other is a khaki toned, brown-spotted bodybuilder cat. Almost my height though.
"Chef, I understand the inconvenience of the situation, but I can't charge Hershey with attempted murder."
The Meowscular Chef folded his unnecessarily thick feline arms, his one green eye wide with passion. "No, that's not what I'm charging him with!" He fussed, adjusting the silk scarf over his head.
At this point, both myself and Hershey looked at him in confusion.
"I'm charging him with violation of the Bro Code!" This Palico could probably bench more than most Hunters, has a scar across one of his eyes, and literally cuts meat with a broken sword, yet insists on calling the police for small stuff like this.
Hershey argued back at him in their native cat-like language. The Meowscular Chef folded his arms in response, "What happened to Palibros before Palihoes, man!?"
While they exchange kitty-talk, I stared off into space. Palicoes are surprisingly civil about a lot of things. Prime example, this situation where the Meowscular Chef is probably three times the weight and twice the height of Hershey(or any other Palico for that matter), yet still he takes the time to make a point and reach an understanding, unlike people. Then again, I'm not sure if they are or aren't people because they're not necessarily human, but are considered to be persons. I think of them like assistant animals, but they have all kinds of roles throughout our society - for instance, the Meowscular Chef prepares food for Hunters before expeditions. Others work in the Smithy, or even aid in research.

I felt bad for ejecting myself out of the situation, but I'm certain they can settle it amongst themselves. That's something I really wish Hunters would do, instead of calling us whenever one or the other is allegedly "corner-hornering" or attacking each other while they carve carcasses. It would save me a world of troub--oof!
"Pardon me, ma'am."
White hair and oriental garb, that could only mean one thing. A Fujimori; Descendants of the legendary G-Rank Hunter, Takumi Fujimori. As if garnering acclaim and prestige wasn't enough, the guy also spread his seed everywhere. Now they're all rich and boujee, so I avoid them when I can. This guy wasn't even the only Fujimori in the hunt, there was another behind him, next to a guild cart carrying a tranquilized Odogaron - gargantuan blind wolf monster with literally 0% body fat, red as fire and as vicious as they come.
"Trot along." I always have to ascert my dominance with these people, reminding them that I'm a figure of authority before they turn their noses up at me.
"Come on, lady, don't be like that! We're all a team!" He said, placing his hand on my head, cancelling my efforts entirely by ignoring them.
"Hunter, remove your hand or I'll charge you with Assault."
"What? But it's every girl's dream to get a head-pat from me!" I cannot believe this prick just said that.
"My apologies. Sexual Assault, and Harrassment."
"Stop being an idiot, Takamasa," inserted his female relative, with a heavy white ponytail and slender almond-shaped eyes that glanced upon her surroundings with disinterest.
"I was just kidding," he replied, probably lying. "Anyways, have a nice day, Officer." They walked off, Takamasa dusted ehimself off and started some stupid conversation about gems.
Turns out, I was wrong. He's a pretty friendly guy.

Now, to patrol the streets of Astera, watching valiantly for literally nothing. No-one ever commits crimes here. But it's okay, all the walking keeps me in fantastic shape.
"Officer!" Some fat guy called out, scaring the heck out of me and almost making me drop the Monster Field Guide I was reading. He was breathing heavy and sweating a bit, joined by an equally fat lady.
"Our son..! We told him not to venture off, but he did!" Oh no. I complained about the small problems but I'm not ready for this.
"Do you have any idea where he went missing?" I ask, silently praying they say the Canteen or something.
"The Wildspire Wastes!"
"Have you tried posting a notice on the quest board?" I know for a fact they don't expect me to trek some barren wasteland, like they see me running around here wielding some ridiculously big weapon like the rest of these hooligans.
"That would take too long, Officer. We need you!" I can't think of any smooth way to escape this.
"I, uhm.."
"Please allow me to assist in your investigation, officer!" Inserted a familiarly heavy voice. Lee approached us, placing himself between the embraced fatties and myself. "I'll keep the monsters at bay," he assured, playing the part of some random Hunter assisting an officer in need.