chapter 43

Caroline pov

Something is going on with Esther I can feel it. She wasn't like this a thousand years ago she is lying to me to all of us. And I intend to find out what's wrong with her. I talked to Nik and kol about and they thought that I was crazy. No one seems to notice that's there something up with her so I decided to Finn and he thought I was crazy too. I went to Rebekah and Elijah and I was in my dress. Rebekah was in a green beautiful dress and Elijah in a suit like always. And I ran up to him as they could see I was in distress.

" Caroline what is the matter " Elijah asked

" Mother " I told them

" Not you too Elijah has been talking to me all day about mother... She is fine " she told me

" I'm not so sure Rebekah.... We could always ask Elena what Esther said " I told them

" Why would Elena know what Esther is doing or said " Elijah asked

" Because Esther said she wanted to talk to her within the ball and it could be something really bad. " I told them

" Now Rebekah do you believe me " Elijah asked Rebekah but I never got to hear her answer because kol walked into the room.

" Kol would you do a favour for your darling older adoptive sister " I smiled

" And what is that " he asked

" To not kill or injure People at the ball " I told firmly

" Fine but you owe me one " he smiles and leaves.

" You look ravishing love " he kissed me passionately as did I.

" You don't look so bad yourself " I smiled

" Have you finished your speech " he asked me

" I honestly don't know what I'm going to say I mean what can you say when your adoptive mother has just rose from the dead and wants all of us to be a family again. " I told him

" You'll know what to say love you always do " he smirked and I hugged him

-----------------------------------------------------------

It's been about two hours since the first couple came in and now the who house was covered with people.

" so who is your date Rebekah " I asked her

" I am " Matt came by herside

" Nice " I smiled and Esther looked at me and nodded as it is time to do our speech.

All of the mikaelaons were up on the stair case and Nik was next to me and it was my time to say the speech

" You'll do great love " Nik whispered in my ear.

Everybody now had their attention on me.

" I thought alot about what I am going to say at this ball and nothing seemed right but Esther like she has always made it clear to me that we are so lucky that we have her back in our lives and we hope that this town feels welcome by us. Whenever our mother brings us together it's a tradition to have dance. We have picked a century old dance so if you would find a partner and go to the ball room. " I told them and everybody smiled and grabbed a partner.

I turned my head and Esther smiled at me And i just nodded my head in reply and turned down the stairs.

" Would you care to dance with me " Nik asked with his hand out.

" I could never resister such a charming man like you " I smiled and he took my hand and led me on the dance floor.

It was a slow dance and that why I love it so much it's slow and beautiful.

" You remember this dance quite well " Nik smirked

" This is my favourite waltz as you should know " I told him

" Still suspicious of mother " Nik asked

" Yes " I told him " I'm more worried about what kol is going to do tonight "

" It's kol leave him be " he smiled and twisted me round.

We danced until it ended and I loved every second if it it was so fun.

" Thankyou for the dance Caroline " nik kissed my hand

" The pleasure was all mine " I smiled and went off to interact with other people including the mayor because I do want the people to not be afraid of us.

I saw Elena and Elijah talking. They are becoming really good friends they look really comfortable. Then I saw Elena walk in to Esther room and I tried to listen in but I just pain in my ears.

" Eavesdropping is rude love " Nik came up to me

" She put save around the walls so I can't hear even if I wanted to " I told him and then I saw kol fighting with matt.

" Kol I said no fighting " I grabbed matt and got him out of their with a crushed hand.

" I changed my mind " he smiled " now I have a quarterback neck to snap " he smiled.

" And I have yours to snap " I smiled and I snapped his neck.

" Caroline " Elijah looked at me

" I didn't have a choice Elijah he was about to kill someone " I told him and he nodded his head in understandment and then everybody looked at kol.

" Caroline " Esther looked at me

-----------------------------------------------------------

The ball ended and I got back in my jeans and a top and Esther wanted me so I reluctantly went and she was pissed off

" one night Caroline one night that is all but no you have to get into a fight with your brother and snap his neck. " Esther shouted.

" He was out of control he'll wake up in like half and hour. Look I do apologize he was going to kill my human friend Matt. " I told her

She lookes at me and she sat down and breathed.

" Mother are you ok? You have seemed off ever since you came back and everybody have thought I was crazy but I'm just going to ask you now about it so just be honest with me " I asked her with consent and she looked at me and gave me a small smile

" I promise you there is nothing wrong I'm just glad I'm her with my family " she hugged me and I hugged her back " I love you Caroline "

" I love you too mother " I smiled.

Esther pov

It's going to be hard to kill Caroline I do love her like my very own but the sacrafice must happen.

I have done the link it won't be long before they die.