01

Liberty High School has never been the same after the death of Hannah Baker. Friendships ended, relationships were tainted, and lives were changed.

5 months. It had been 5 months since her death. People had stopped talking about it, they felt as if their lives may be back to normal or at least as normal as it could get.

Pulling into the school parking lot the 3 siblings got out of their car. As they each stepped out, grabbing their bags they looked at the large school taking in every part of it.

"Well boys, new beginnings." Izabela said looking up at her two brothers. "Stay out of trouble." she finished adjusting her bookbag on her back.

Izac looked down at her while throwing an arm around her shoulders "You too baby sis."

As soon as the 3 entered the double doors it was as if time had stopped. All eyes were on them. Izabela took a deep breath and looked at her brothers before the 3 continued walking to the office.

They got their schedules and locker assignments. The 3 of them walked together to their lockers which were all beside each other.

Izzy looked down the hallway where she assumed her locker was to see a group of guys in blue jackets.

"Excuse me, you guys are in front of our lockers." she said to them hoping they would move but they didn't.

"Well, hello there." A tall dark-haired boy with freckles all over his face said stepping up in front of her.

"I need to get to my locker." she tilted her head looking directly at him, ignoring his flirtiness.

"Oh come on, you don't need your books to have fun with me Princess."

"Back up dude." Izac warned looking at the boy.

"Or what?" the boy taunted

Izac's face began to turn red.

"Izac." pulling her brother closer to her as she glared at all of them. "Let it go." she said pulling him closer to her.

"Yeah listen to your master and let it go." the boy started laughing.

At this point she let her brother go knowing well what he was going to do.

Izac pulled his right arm back and connected it with the boy's eye. Before the boy could process and go after Izac someone came and stood in between them.

"First day and you're already punching my friends." Jeff said standing between the two looking at Izac.

"Your friends?, you wouldn't be friends with assholes like him." Izabela questioned

"They're on the team." he said throwing his arm around her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I'll catch you guys later." he said motioning for the guys to leave.

"Alright Monty, that's enough people interaction for you today." another one from the group walked up gripping his shoulders.

"I'm Bryce, welcome to Liberty." he introduced himself walking away with his friends.

"I'll see yall later, stop punching people." Jeff said walking away.

"And you told us to stay out of trouble" Izaiah opened his locker laughing.

"Those tempers that you guys have are going to get us in a lot of fights and trouble." he said looking at his siblings.

Izaiah was the quiet one of the 3 but he always came to their defense no matter what.

"Shut up Zay. He had it coming." Izzy grabbed her math book and closed her locker.

They made their way to their first period which they had together. When they walked into the classroom they were stopped by their teacher, Mr.Calentuchi.

"Class these are our new students Izac, Izaiah, and Izabela. Welcome them." he spoke to the class.

"You can take those seats by Mr.Reed, Mr.Atkins, and Mr.De La Cruz." pointing towards the back of the room.

Izac took the seat in front of Jeff, Izaiah on the left of Izabela, Monty behind her, Jeff to her right, and the other kid they didn't know behind Jeff.

"For this project, you will be working in groups of 6. The people around you are your groups." Mr.Calentuchi said.

"So Monty, you've clearly met Izac." Jeff he laughed causing her to laugh.

"This is Izabela and Izaiah. Guys this is Monty and this here is Scotty."

Monty scuffed a slumped in his chair. "So Princess how do you know Jeff?" Monty asked looking at Izabela.

"Oh the demon speaks like an actual person." she said looking at Izac who was laughing.

"Iz, be nice." Izaiah advised looking at his sister and then at Monty.

"Our moms are best friends." he told him causing Izabela to roll her eyes.

"As you can probably tell Zay is the nicer triplet." Jeff laughed a little.

"You guys are triplets? That's cool" Scott asked looking at Izabela.

"Yeah, Izabela is the bitch of us all." Izac laughed.

"Fuck you ass hat." she replied flipping her brother off causing him to laugh.

"They always like this?" Monty asked Jeff as the two continued to throw things at each other.

"You get used to it." Izaiah said shrugging.

Class went by relatively quickly and so did most of the day. It was soon time for lunch. The triplets all walked together. They got their food and stopped in the middle of the cafe looking around for a seat. Jeff waved them over to where he was sitting with Scott.

"Where are your asshole friends?" she asked sitting beside Jeff, her brothers on either side of Scott.

"Lunch detention" he said back to her.

"So how's your first day here been?" Jeff asked them.

Izabela looked up at him shrugging "Eh, I kind of just want to go home." she said eating a french fry.

"All you ever want to do is be home." Izaiah said.

"What is there for me outside of my bedroom?" she asked looking at her brother who shrugged in response.

"Have you guys had a chance to talk to coach?" Jeff asked the boys changing the subject.

"Oh yeah, we start tomorrow morning." Izac said nodding.

"You guys joining the team?" Scott asked looking at them.

"Yeah, Coach looked up our stats from our last school and said there was no way he was not going to let us play." Izac said to him proudly.

A/N: This is my first book. Constructive criticism welcome. Let me know if you guys like it so far. A new part at 20 reads :)