36

Not wanting to deal with all the stares and questioning she texted Scott, Jeff, and her brothers that she was headed home and that she would see them later.

Laying on her bed with an ice pack on her nose in hopes of getting the swelling down, she was watching a movie before starting her homework.

*knock knock knock knock*

She popped her head up, holding the ice pack to see who was at the door.

"Hey, babe I missed you, how are you? What the hell happened to your face?!"

"Door, angry Monty, long story." she chuckled a little trying to ease the mood.

"Monty? What the hell!"

"Hey no calm down, he apologized and he helped me...it was a mistake." she opened her arms waiting for him to lay with her.

He laid with her and looked at her puffy and bruised nose.

"It's ugly I know." she frowned trying to hide her face.

"No, nothing on you is ugly babe. I just hate that it happened."

"It was a mistake, it'll go away eventually..."

Scott brushed off her comment and just held his girlfriend turning his attention to the laptop in front of them.

He hated that she let Monty do that to her whether he was angry or not.

He had also noticed the constant whispering and weird looks between his teammate and girlfriend but he had brushed it off until now. He knew his girlfriend's temper and he couldn't help but think about how angry she would've gotten if anyone else would've have done it but not with Monty, she brushed it off and went home as nothing happened.

"hey you okay?" she questioned looking up at him

"Huh? Oh yeah..." he lied.

* another knock *

"hey love birds, we're getting food. You want?"

"Oh yeah food!" She got up excitedly

Scott watched her jump up and walk out the room with Jeff before finally getting up to follow them.

"Damn sis who did that?" Isac asked his sister

"A door..." she tried to end it there

"No, Monty did it with a door." Scott stepped in finding himself sounding jealous and angry.

She gave him a look that literally said "what the heck"

"Monty? as in Montgomery de la Cruz?" he brother questioned growing angrier

"Yes but he apologized and helped me after the fact."

"That doesn't excuse the fact that he did it Isabela!"

"I get it but I'm fine, it's not broken just bruised."

"I going to kill him."

"no you aren't can we just eat?"

"why are you protecting him?" Scott questioned finally.

"What the hell are you talking about Scotty! I'm not there's just no point in arguing or fighting because I'm fine and it's over. Jesus! Just let me know when the food gets here." She stomped up to her room angry with the whole situation and how Scott was acting.

"Bro you good? You seem on edge." Jeff questioned looking at Scott.

"I-I just... remember everyone was always saying that if I didn't take my chance with her that Monty would get her before me? Because he was like in love with her?"

The boys all looked at each other but then back at Scott so he could continue the story.

"Well... I think he still likes her and they've been I don't know talking or something.

"Why do you say that?"Jeff asked

"I don't know, I trust her I do it's just him I don't trust. They've been texting and like whispering or something."

Upstairs in her room she was fuming. Why was he acting so petty and childish? She had always been friends with Monty what was so different now? 

*ding* a text

Montaaaaay: Hey, How's the nose? 

Isaaaaaay: still swollen but it'll go down. I'm icing it

Montaaaaay: im sorry princess

isaaaaaay: i told u it's cool. shit happens Monty. See u tomorrow

Montaaaaay: yeah see ya 

"Who's that?" Scott asked sheepishly

"Montgomery." she stated matter of factly.

"I should've known." he rolled his eyes 

"You know what Scotty? What the hell is your problem? You never had an issue with me being friends with him until now? Care to explain?"

Silence...

"Unless he's not the issue and it's something else? You don't trust me... Wow, Scotty."

"Is it's not like that it's just..."

"Just what? Do you trust me Scott?"

"Yes! I trust you it's just him Isabela! He likes you he always has and he's a manipulater and he's messing with your head!"

"What the hell are you talking about?! He needs help Scott, I'm helping him because I'm his friend! We're friends okay? and if you can't trust me enough to believe that I am strong enough to see through Montgomery's bullshit and his honesty then I don't know what to say."

"Isabela..."

"Scott, you know how I am and you know m-"

"Yeah I know you and I know him Isabela!"

"Don't yell at me Scott. I understand you not trusting him but at this point you just showed me you don't trust me either..."

She exhaled and ran her hand through her hair. 

"Maybe we should take a break..."

"W-what no come on seriously?"

"Scott this is the second time you doubted me... I really can't be with someone who doubts me. I know you guys are having a hard time with Bryce missing and all this crazy shit but it's not fair for you to take it out on me or for you to question me like the fucking police. So yes seriously."

"Isabela... I'm sorry."

"Me too Scott..." She said as she watched him grab his bag and leave her room. 

She threw herself back onto the bed threw a pillow over her face and yelled into the pillow. She was so frustrated and angry. 

She had done nothing wrong or suspicious for him not to trust her. She thought they were working things out from the last time but clearly somethings needed to be worked on a little further. 

Guys! It's been so long! I'm so sorry. I was on a study abroad trip and then came back to work both jobs again ugh! lol but I started the new season and I'm INSPIRED so get ready!

                     xoxo B