04

The next morning she woke up feeling slightly better than the day before. She sat up in her bed and tied her hair in a bun. She turned her head to the door when she heard a soft knock.

Jeff peeked his head into her room.

"How you feeling pretty girl?" he asked stepping into her room and sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Better than yesterday."

He gave her a sympathetic smile standing up.

"We're leaving in 30 so, up and at 'em"

"But it's Friday do I really have tooooooo?" she whined

"Yup come on Iza!"

The drive to school was filled with a comfortable silence.

Izabela walked into school with the guys, they all walked to their lockers together.

"Damn Princess, you look good in that dress but I'd rather see what's underneath." Monty said as he and Scott leaned on the lockers on either side of her.

Izabela pulled the green dress down looking at her sandals and adjusting her jean jacket.

She pulled her curled hair to the side to adjust her bookbag. She looked at Scott out of the side of her eye and saw him staring at her.

She rolled her eyes flipping her hair and walking to stand with Izac.

"Let's go or we're going to be late." she said motioning for her brothers to walk with her to math class.

They walked in and sat down soon being joined by Monty, Scott, and Jeff.

"Dude this game tonight is going to be a tough one but we got this." Jeff said patting Scott's shoulder

"Yeah, and the lucky charm will be there tonight since she isn't sick anymore." Izaiah said looking at his younger sister.

"Yeah man! maybe she can wear your practice jersey instead of one of ours for some hope." Jeff suggested earning wide eyes from his best friend.

"If you want?" he asked her.

Jeff, Izac, and Izaiah nodding at her because they knew if Scott didn't get at least a tiny bit of hope in him he would throw the entire game.

"Ugh, I guess."

Scott smiled at her happily. He looked like a little kid that was just given his favorite candy. She laughed at his reaction.

Scott reached into his bag and grabbed the blue jersey and handed it to her. She grabbed it and placed in her bag neatly.

Scott couldn't help but stare at her and notice all her features. Her mid-length dark brown hair, her neatly painted nails, her light eyes. He noticed how beautiful she was.

"Dude you're staring." Monty whispered nudging his arm

"Fuck off man." he laughed pushing Monty back

Izabela turned to look at the boys with a confused expression and turned back to the board.

"Princess, you're hot but I think Scotty boy likes you so I'll back off." Monty leaned forward and whispered to her.

She looked at Monty over her shoulder and then a Scott. She giggled a little bit and placed her attention back on the teacher and the lesson.

Izabela walked into the cafeteria laughing with Monty. The two received confused looks from everyone at their table: Izac, Izaiah, Jeff, Bryce, Chloe, and Scott.

"The fuck got into you Monty?" Bryce questioned looking at the two as they took their seats next to each other, in between their friends.

Jeff looked down at his best friend confused. She just shook her head at him.

"Fuck off Bryce, we were just talking." Izabela said to him with a little attitude. She didn't like Bryce for some reason. She felt weird and unsafe around him.

The table was split up into various conversations when the entire cafeteria went silent. Izabela looked up to see a boy she didn't recognize.

The boy walked up to a table where a girl, Jessica Davis was sitting.

"Hey Jess, I-I missed you. Can we go somewhere else to talk alone?

"No"

Jessica seemed scared, worried. Izabela was confused by this.

"I-I came back for you."

At this point, Bryce had gotten up from his seat at the table. Monty, Chloe, and Scott giving the boy dirty looks.

"That's the only reason why I'm here. If you want me to stay... I promise you I'm here for good. Look if you want me to go, I'll go... forever this time."

"You said that before."

"I-I tried to go away... I tried to forget about you. I tried so fucking hard but, I can't stop thinking about you"

"Yeah, I think about you too... and how I wish you were dead."

"I'm sorry"

The boy then turned to walk away, stopping to look at Bryce and everyone at the table. He made eye contact with Izabela before he passed out on the floor.

Everyone just watched as he went down. Two boys made their way to help him and get him out as fast as they could.

"Did you guys know he was back?" Chloe asked, she to sounded worried.

"No, no we didn't know he was back." Monty answered hastily.

Izabela looked at Jeff confused but he just gave her a look that she took as 'we'll talk at home' so she just nodded and continued to eat.

------------------------------------------

The Liberty Tigers took the win, 16-9.

"You guys did so good!" Izzy yelled walking to Jeff as he picked her up and spun her around.

He put her down as she looked over his shoulder she saw Scott, he looked sad even though they won their first game.

She walked over to him and patted his shoulder.

"Hey, the good luck charm always works." she said dancing around motioning to his name on the jersey she wore.

He smiled down at her.

"Ahh there is that Scott Reed smile!"

"Party at the Walkers?" Monty asked patting Bryce on the back

"Nah man, my parents are home for the trial remember?" Bryce answered causing all the guys to boo.

"I'll wait for you guys by the car." Izzy said to the guys as she walked to the parking lot.

Izzy was leaning on the roof of Jeff's car when she heard the group of boys comes out yelling and hollering.

Monty's jeep was parked next to Jeff's car and so was Bryce's so they all came the same way.

"Damn Iz, you can sit on top of my Jeep any day." Monty said while he and Scott threw their stuff into the back seat.

"Leave her alone De La Cruz" Jeff said while pulling her off his car.

"Oh I forgot she's Scotty's" he said back to Jeff.

Izzy looked at him then at Scott and back at Monty.

"I'm not property, I don't belong to anyone ass hat." she said as she got into the driver's seat.

Scott looked down and up at her through the window.

"I'll meet you guys at the house, this baseball game is going to be better than the one we just played." Jeff said getting in the driver's seat.