20

Scott drove Izabela home and then went back to his own.

"Scotty?" his mom peeked her head out of the kitchen when she heard the door shut.

"Yeah, mom it's me."

"Oh baby you're like, I don't know you're like glowing. You're glowing." She placed her hands on his cheeks looking at her son.

"Mom stop." he pulled away from her hands blushing slightly.

"It's Izabela isn't it... she forgave you?" she smiled up at him.

"Yeah, she did mom and um she...sh-she's my girl, my girlfriend." he smiled widely down at his mother.

"Oh, baby! I told you all she needed was time. Everything falls into place with time and she left an impression on me when she came over. Oh! you should invite her over for dinner."

"I will mom, soon. Give her time." he mocked her laughing a little bit before jogging up to his room.

He laid on his back smiling like an idiot. He let out a peaceful sigh.

He finally got the girl he'd been dying to ask out. Bryce was going to trial. And although the baseball season had gone to shit, he was happy, he was content.

Baseball would come around again next school year and he would play again. He could play all summer at camp he just couldn't play right now.

The only one to blame was Bryce Walker. The guy he had been protecting because he wanted to keep playing.

It took a while for his vision to become clear and for him to find the better things that were worth more like school, his family, his real friends, and Izabela.

He stood from his bed looking at his phone to see it was only 8:30. Throwing it back onto his bed he walked out to the bathroom to shower away the day.

He walked back into his room with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Well that's a sight for sore eyes." she chuckled sipping on the milkshake she had in her hand.

He jumped from where he was and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Jesus! you're like a ninja or something." He smiled throwing a shirt on and some sweatpants.

"What are you doing here? Oh my God who opened the door for you?" he asked sitting next to her.

"I brought you a milkshake and your mom. She's very happy about us being together you know." she smiled handing him the milkshake.

"Y-yeah, she said something like that." he smiled.

"Hey, don't be embarrassed. If my mom was here she would be the same I know." she smiled at him.

He chuckled leaning on one arm and placing the other hand on her knee assuringly.

"You need pictures in here." she perked up looking around his room.

"Hey hey now don't go filling my room like yours. I'll let you put a couple up but not as many as there are in your room okay?"

She laughed " Yeah sure but we can do like some baseball ones of you, some of you and the guys, some of..."

"You, me and you all summer together."

She smiled at his response.

"Just not too many okay baby?"

"Some here some there, not as many as there is in my room."

"Why do you have some many again?"

"My mom... I feel like that's my answer for everything." she laughed "She always had a camera in our faces constantly taking and hanging pictures up in our house."

He opened his arms for her to lay with him.

She placed her head on his shoulder throwing her arm around his waist.

"Oh and these posters are weird." she giggled.

"Alright babe, you're my girlfriend, not my interior designer."

"I'm just kidding." she playfully slapped his chest.

"I have a strong feeling my room won't look like this in the next couple months."

"I do want to change my room around though so now my strong boyfriend can help."

"Because Atkins and your brothers couldn't before." he chuckled

"Shut up." she sat up looking at him with a wide smile.

"that's mean." he pouted turning his face away from her.

She turned his head back to her but he instantly turned back.

"Aww is my big softy mad at me?" she mimicked in a baby voice leaning on to his chest.

He peeked down at her trying to hide the smirk that was trying to show.

"My big softy." she said kissing his cheek.

"My big baby." she laughed causing him to smile and lean down to kiss her.

She sat back again laughing.

"You're so beautiful you know?" he questioned rubbing his thumb on her cheek

"You tend to tell me that often." she giggled.

"And I won't stop any time soon." he smiled.

She yawned. "I should get home, I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"You sure? I'm positive my mom would let you sleep here. I can sleep on the couch or the floor? It's late."

She looked at her phone it was now 12:30.

"Ask your mom first, I'm not sneaking around." she sternly told him

He stood up quickly walking down to his mom's room.

"She said you can take the bed and I'll take the floor, leave the door open and call your family." He smiled walking over to his dresser and tossing her some clothes.

She walked out into the hallway to go to the bathroom while he set up his bed on the floor.

"You know, you've slept at my house dozens of times and this is the second time I've even walked in here." she laughed.

"Well..." he picked her up and spun her around. "Now you can come whenever you want because you're my girl." He kissed her.

"Your girl." she smiled

"My girl." he smiled down at her again.

She laid down after she called Jeff and her brothers and let them know where she was staying for the night and that she's been okay.

She placed her phone down and looked over at Scott.

"Good night baby." he said up to her from his place on the floor

"Good night babe."