26

Izabela drove the hour and a half back to her now empty house. Mama and Papa Atkins were on a 3-week cruise so now she was 100% alone for the next 2 weeks until she was to get on a plane to leave back home to see her father.

She wanted to distract herself from the emptiness so she decided she was going to clean the house a little before taking a shower.

Dancing around the house she swept, mopped, dusted, and organized for about 2 hours.

It was now 6 pm and she decided she would go up to her room to pick up around it.

She folded her laundry and put it away, cleaned up her desk, quickly made her bed, and threw away the pilled up water bottles from her nightstand.

She then decided to have a relaxing pamper night so she took a hot shower and washed her hair.

She quickly got dressed in some shorts and one of Izac's old shirts.

Finishing putting her face mask on she walked back into her room when her phone began to ring.

"Hey, babe. Oh! don't you look cute" Scott laughed through the screen at her.

"Hey! How was the first day?"

"Good, we just did some conditioning and introductions, not too bad. What did you do when you got home?"

"Nothing, I cleaned and then showered and now here I am." she laughed.

There was a door slam on Scott's side.

"Oh, what's up Caleb."

"Who's that Reed?"

"My girlfriend Izabela. Babe, this is Caleb, my roommate.

"Hi Caleb, excuse the green face it's not normally this bad." she laughed

"Hey Izabela, I'm digging that color." he also laughed.

"Did you guys find out when the first game is?"

"Yeah, this weekend on Saturday so I just better see my girl in the stands."

"Oh I don't know my boyfriends out of town so I might go out or something." she joked

"Babe stop playing." he rolled her eyes at her.

"I'll be there you big baby. Where are my darling brothers?"

"Who are her brothers?" she heard Caleb ask in the background.

"Two doors down and Jeff is in between."

"Oh the twins are her brothers." she heard Caleb again

"We're triplets but yeah Izac and Izaiah are my brothers and Jeff is like a brother."

"Triplets? That's dope!" he commented once again.

"Alright, babe I'm going to wash this off and lay down for a little bit. Good night, I love you."

"I love you too princess, I call you tomorrow."

"Bye Caleb!"

"Bye Izabela!"

"Dude your girlfriend is Izac, Izaiah, and pretty much Jeff's sister? How the hell?" Caleb questioned once Scott hung up the phone.

"It took a lot of convincing and getting to her first." he laughed. "I've liked her since the beginning of the school year and it took me all this time to get the balls to ask."

"I mean if she was my sister I would be just as protective of her as they are." he laughed.

There was a knock on their door before Jeff, Izac, and Izaiah walked in and sat on the small couch that was placed in the corner of Caleb & Scott's room.

"Izac you good?" Scott asked as he began to unpack his bags

"Ugh, I wish Iz would have listened." he sighed throwing himself onto the couch.

"About going to see your dad?"

"I would have much rather sucked it up and went with her when we got back. I don't want her to go out there alone."

"She'll be okay dude. She's smart, independent, and she knows what she's doing. She's Izabela. You guys of all people should know she'll be okay." Scott said sitting on his bed.

"You're so whipped Reed." Jeff laughed.

"Fuck off. You know I love her." Scott laughed too.

"We know man. Trust me we know."

"Anyways she'll be fine and she's coming here when she gets back." Izaiah reassured them.

Izac's phone began to vibrate in his pocket.

He looked down to see his sisters face across his screen.

"Speaking of the devil." he laughed as he answered

"We hello to you too. Why were you speaking of me?"

"Oh you know just Scott pinning over his oh so wonderful girlfriend." Jeff laughed.

"Don't make fun of him guys." she laughed

"Thank you babe." he shouted when he stood up from placing his clothes in his dresser.

"Hey, I thought you were going to sleep." He leaned over and looked at her.

"Hey don't you remember I have 3 other favorite guys I have to check on." she retorted.

"Yeah, yeah." he laughed.

"How do you think seeing dad will be?" Izaiah questioned.

"Honestly I don't know. He's been in there so long and we've talked in letters but never over the phone. I know he feels alone right now but I just need him to know that we support him even if you guys aren't completely on the same boat at least for him to think that you are will be good for him."

"I still don't get why you're so caught up on it." Izac spoke with an attitude hidden in his tone.

"If it were one of you God forbid, I would be doing the exact same thing. He's our dad and he's all we have left of blood."

"I know Iz, I just want you to be safe."

"And I will be and I don't want to talk about it any more okay? How was conditioning today?"

"Hard my legs feel like noodles! Conditioning with coach Rick was nothing compared to what we did just today." Jeff sighed.

"You guys will get used to it and you will have a great summer."

"And you missy are coming on Saturday right?" he asked.

"Yes you dweeb I'll be there."

"How come he gets a straight answer and you try to play me?" Scott popped his head into the screen.

"Because you're my boyfriend Scotty and it was funny." she laughed

"Okay boys goodnight for real this time."

"Goodnight." they all said in unison before hanging up.

"So whipped dude." Caleb said looking at Scott.

"Dude not you too."

They all laughed.

The boys spent the night playing cards and video games.