17

- 5 hours later -

"Hello?" Jeff answered his phone.

"Bro, come outside I need to talk to you."

"Scott what the hell it's 2 in the morning."

"Bro please you're the only one I can trust right now."

"I'm coming." he jogged down the stairs and out the front door.

"Scott what the hell you look really bad."

"I can't sleep."

"Why?"

"Bro there so much shit going on and usually she's the one I call but you know."

"Shit like what Scott?"

"The rapist rumor on the baseball team, Bryce keeps giving me shit because I'm hanging out with Zach more and with Izabela. Oh Izabela, she's another thing. I'm scared if I keep getting closer to her.. h-he'll try something and I can't let her get hurt. I can't Jeff, I don't know what I would do." 

"Well, the rapist shit we know who we are and what we've done so all we can do is live it out because he's going to trial for it. Now Izabela... You really like her don't you?"

"U-um... I-I do but I feel like she just sees me as a friend but she's helped me so much these last couple weeks with all this." He gripped at his hair

"Really Scott? You two have been flirting with each other since they started at Liberty. She isn't shallow enough to believe rumors. You should know that. Talk to her."

"I know she doesn't... she tells me all the time it's just like...like she won't let me in and I feel like that's why. Because of the rapist thing.

"The only thing I can tell you with that is to give her time, she's been through a lot these last couple months so, give her time. Also, see where she's coming from if she were to be with you a lot of shit would be said about her so give it time Scotty." he patted his back. "Now come on, we have a blow-up mattress calling your name, I'm not letting you drive at this time."

- Next Morning-

Izabela woke up to someone in her shower?

She got up and stretched wrapping her fingers around her face when the thumping of a headache began. 

She stood up from her bed and made her way across the hallway to Jeff's.

"Morning J." She knocked on the door causing him to jump slightly laughing.

"Morning pretty girl." he pulled her into a tight hug.

She sat on his bed crossing her legs in front of her.

"Who's in my bathroom?" she asked looking around seeing the air mattress folded up in the corner of his room.

"Oh um.. Scott."

"He stayed here last night?"

"Yeah, he came over really late after he dropped you off but it was too late for him to drive home."

"Dude, I didn't have shampoo and I used Iz's now I smell like coconut." Scott said walking into Jeff's room drying his hair.

She giggled a little but winced in pain. "Don't make me laugh guys."

"Oh shit! I didn't even notice you got out of bed." Scott said frantically trying to put his shirt on.

"So no school for you for the next 2 days, Doctor said. Your medicine is in the kitchen. Sleep and get some rest." Jeff said grabbing her face and planting a kiss on top of her head. "I'll wait for you in the car Reed."

Scott made his way over to sit on Jeff's bed next to her.

"How are you feeling beautiful?"

"Like I'm being hit with that ball, again and again, every 2 seconds." she laughed lightly.

He just looked her face over and the let his eyes meet hers again.

"What's up with you today Scotty?"

"Oh um nothing, I'll see you later. Make sure you take it easy okay and if you need anything text one of us." He said kissing the top of her head and walking out of the house to meet Jeff, Izac, and Izaiah.

She decided to just go sit on the sofa and watch movies all day if the light from the TV didn't bother her too much.

Being woken up by a loud doorbell she groaned as she rolled off the couch.

"Keys. Do you idiots not believe in keys?" she murmured and made her way back to her spot on the sofa.

"We took Scotty's car." Jeff chuckled handing her a milkshake as the rest of the guys sat down to eat their ice cream.

"Feeling better?" Izac asked

"A little bit, still have a headache but the dizziness went away." she said leaning her head on Scott's shoulder.

He looked down at her placing a hand on her knee.

"I have homework." "Yup me to" "Same." Izac, Jeff, and Izaiah said simultaneously standing and going up to their rooms.

Izabela lifted her head and looked at him. He returned her questioning look.

"What time did you get here last night?"

"Oh um... um like 2:30."

"What? Why?"

"you."

"Me?"

"I couldn't stop thinking about you. If you think I'm a rapist or that I'm like Bryce and Monty."

"Hey." she placed a hand on his cheek making him look at her.

"I know you're not a rapist okay? And as for you being like those two assholes, I know you're not. I don't know how many times I have to tell you."

He chuckled leaning further into her hand that was placed on his cheek.

"You're different. Why do you let them change you?"

"You don't get it... they're my team, my family."

"Maybe I don't get it but, I get you Scott."

He smiled down at her.

"I like you if you hadn't noticed."

She smiled "I like you too if you haven't noticed."

He leaned down looking at her lips and then her eyes for approval. She nodded slightly before he connected their lips.

He melted into her touch as she wrapped her arms around him. His hands finding their way onto her cheeks.

She smiled into the kiss causing him to pull away chuckling.

"I've been dying to do that."

"Yeah?" she asked. "Wanna do it again?" she smiled before pulling him into another passionate kiss.

He leaned his forehead on hers looking at her eyes. 

"I don't know what you're doing to me Arroyo but I can't say I don't like it."

She smiled at him before groaning at the throbbing pain at the top of her head.

"Come here." He leaned back on the couch bringing her with him.

She rested her head on his chest as he caressed her hair.

"Iz?"

"hmm?" she hummed.

"Thank you."

She propped her head up looking at him.

"Thank you for being there for me and for believing me when nobody else would.." he laughed causing her to raise her eyebrows at him. "My mom was right about you."

"Yeah and mine was about you." she whispered before place her head over his heart once more.

Falling asleep listening to the calming rhythm that was coming from his chest.