31

Beeeeeep! Beeeeeeep! Izabela ran over to her window quickly grabbing her book bag and hoodie.

"I'm leaving! See you guys later!" she yelled leaving the house.

She opened the door tossing her bag in and getting into the car.

"Damn, who are you trying to look good for?"

"I heard there are some hot new guys coming this year." she joked.

"Get out my car." Scott joked.

Izabela was dressed in a plain ribbed baby blue shirt with some light washed ripped jeans and a pair of vans.

"I literally wear this all the time babe." she said motioning to her outfit

She had her long dark hair loosely curled and she had some light natural makeup on.

"And you look good everyday baby." he laughed leaning over the center console and kissing her.

They were on their way to breakfast before the first day of junior year.

"Scott. Why are you staring?"

"Because my girlfriend is hot as hell." He admired.

"Babe!" she laughed.

The two finished breakfast and walked hand in hand back to his car.

"So not ready for the bullshit this school year." Izabela complained getting in the car

"But babe we'll be together." he intertwined their fingers as he began driving.

"I guess" she playfully rolled her eyes dragging out the s.

He playfully smacked her thigh and continued driving to school.

"Why isn't it Liberty High's 'it' couple." Jeff joked.

"Morning to you too J." she hugged her best friend.

Scott, Isac, Isaiah, and Jeff bro-hugged in the hallway.

During the interaction Is noticed Monty looking at her across the hallway. She waved at him. He returned her gesture with a nod. The interaction going unnoticed by anyone. 

Since the day they were introduced although it was not the best introduction, he thought of her as the most beautiful girl at Liberty. He tried his best to get to know her but his reputation didn't allow it. He knew that she was now Scott's girl and he had 0 chance getting her between Jeff, Scott, and himself he always lost. No matter what. 

"What's your first period?" she asked the guy getting many different responses causing her to frown.  

She walked into her first period alone and walked towards the back. The bell went off and the remainder of the students filled the class. She looked around. 

Nobody I know.  she thought to herself.

Until one last person walked in and took the seat right next to her.  Monty took that empty seat next to her.

"Oh my God, I thought I was going to be alone in this stupid class." she told him relieved. 

The day went by faster than expected. 

"So babe, how was your day? We literally only had 2 classes and lunch together." Scott asked as they walked to the field for football practice. 

"Good, I have pretty much all my classes with Monty so thank God I'm not alone all day." she giggled.  

Unbeknownst to her, Scott tensed up. he knew that Monty liked his girlfriend and he didn't want him anywhere near her let alone where he couldn't be. 

She sat on the bleachers whole the guys practiced and got ready for the football season ahead. 

"Ready Pretty girl?" Jeff called to her from the bottom of the bleachers. They drove to Monet's for some dinner and spent some time together as a group.

"I'll see you tomorrow babe." She kissed him and left with her brothers and Jeff.

After catching up with Mama and Papa Atkins about the day they had she went up to her room to shower. After showering she was in her room sat by her huge mirror braiding her hair when her phone rang. 

"Hello?" she answered not even looking at the contact.

"Hey um it's Monty."

"Oh hey, Monty. What's up?"

"Um, can I ask for a huge favor?"

"Of course..."

"I know it's like 12:30 but Bryce & Scott aren't answering and I don't want to bother your brothers or Jeff butireallyneedaplacetostaytonight."

"Wait what?"

"I need a place to stay, my um... my dad is really drunk and I really don't want another black eye." he spoke quietly into the phone.

"Oh um, yeah... you can. Just come up the side of the house." 

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate you." 

They hung up the phone and she finished braiding her hair. She heard a soft knock on her window just as she was putting her hair stuff back in her bathroom. 

She opened up the window revealing a very bruised and bloody Monty.

"Holy shit, here come in." She helped him in and closed her window. She walked over to her bathroom and got a wet washcloth and a first aid kit.

She cleaned up his cuts and his lip and gave him some ice for his bruising. 

"Can I ask you something?" she asked as he finished cleaning his hands up.

He just nodded. 

"Did you call me because the guys weren't answering or because you didn't want them to see you this bad?" 

He didn't answer but from his silence, she got her answer.

"Do they know?" she asked 

"That my dad gets drunk & beats the shit out of me? No." he shrugged.

She cleaned up the wrappers and trash and walked back into her bathroom to put her stuff away. 

"Um, the air mattress is going to make too much noise..."

"It's fine, I just need a blanket and a pillow." he shrugged. 

She went over to her closet and pulled out a fluffy comforter and a smaller one and two pillows. She made him a little bed on the opposite side of her bed just in case her brothers or parents walked in so they wouldn't see him on her floor. 

"Thank you Iz, I really appreciate it." 

"It's no problem honestly. If it ever gets this bad again you can always call me. I promise it'll stay between you and me." she stuck out her pinky.

He stared at her confused. 

"My mom told me when I was little, the most unbreakable promise is a pinky promise. This is my promise to you that I'll never break." she smiled as he intertwined his large pinky with hers. 

"Thanks, Iz." He smiled and laid on her floor. 

She heard a couple faint knocks on her door. They seemed so far away but as she started waking up she realized how close they actually were.

"Wake up pretty girl we have school." 

She jumped out of bed remembering who stayed last night. She looked over and saw the blankets neatly folded and the window barely cracked. 

She had no idea what would come when she promised to be Montgomery's secret keeper.