27

Saturday rolled around sooner than anyone anticipated. 

Izabela woke up and walked into her bathroom. She brushed her teeth, washed her face, and braided her hair as she would do practically every morning.

She walked over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of black ripped jeans that she cuffed at the ends. She then pulled out a light grey short sleeved crop top.

She then walked over to her desk and opened her jewelry box. 

She pulled out a silver crown necklace her parents gifted her for her sweet 16.

She hadn't taken out the necklace since her mother died.

She placed the dainty necklace on her neck. She put on a couple rings and did some very basic, light makeup.

She completed her outfit with a pair of grey low top vans and an anklet.

Her hour and a half drive was filled with loud singing and small dances.

She arrived a little early to the came so she could surprise the guys.

She walked up to the field to see the boys walking over to the dugout after practice to grab their stuff.

She walked down to the gate and waited for them to come.

"Babe? Izabela!" Scott began jogging over to her lifting her off the ground, spinning her around, and kissing her.

"Totally whipped dude." Caleb laughed

"Nice to meet you too Caleb." she smiled at him.

"You're really small Izabela." 

"Yeah the phone makes me look bigger." she laughed.

"Hey, pretty girl." Jeff hugged her.

"Hey, how are you guys?"

"Exhausted." Isaiah said throwing himself on top of his sister.

"Dude are you trying to kill me." she pushed him off.

The guys all laughed as they began walking back to Scott and Caleb's room.

She plopped down on the couch in the corner. 

Scott took the spot next to her laying slightly on her. She wrapped her arm around his neck. 

"WHIP!" The guys shouted all together.

Scott and Izabela both lifted up their hands flipping them off. 

"Can you take me home with you? I miss you." Scott whispered.

"No baby, this is your favorite thing to do and you can get so many benefits from it. It'll be over before you know it." she responded in a hushed tone.

"Yeah but then we have to go back to school." he groaned.

She giggled and just patted his chest with her hand.

"Wanna go out and eat? The game doesn't start until 4 right? or do you guys have to practice more?" she questioned all the guys.

"Oh no we have 3 hours to rest before so yeah let's go." Caleb perked up.

They all packed into Izabela's car and drove to a diner near the camp.

Everyone got out and began walking into the diner.

Scott caught up to Izabela and intertwined his fingers with Izabela's. 

He leaned down and kissed the top of her head making the guys laugh.

"Whipped!" they all yelled in unison.

"Alright, guys wait until y'all get girlfriends." She shot back.

They all walked into the diner and sat down.

They talked and caught up on everything that had been happening at camp and what Izabela had been up to for the last couple day.

"Dude the fact that you actually understand baseball is so dope. My sister literally knows nothing about the game!" Caleb commented.

"She can be dope when she wants but try living with her." Izac laughed earning a middle finger from  Izabela.

"Alright, guys let's get you guys back for the game." Izabela stood up making all the guys follow behind her.

The game started off slow but picked up during the 5th inning.

Scott was up to bat with Caleb on first, Jeff on second, and another team member on third.

They were tied 3-3 with two outs and summer games only went 6 innings.

Scott swung. 

Strike 1. 

He swung again. 

Strike 2.

He backed away from the plate adjusting his helmet. He tapped the bat on his foot and looked up to where Izabela was sat and took a deep breath.

She gave the boy an encouraging smile.

He adjusted his position giving the pitcher the sign he was ready.

The pitcher wound up and released the ball.

Scott swung the bat full force.

The ball flew across the field not far enough to make a home run but far enough to get Scott to second base, Caleb to third, Jeff and that other team member home.

Scott jumped happily seeing what he had done for his team looking up at Izabela who was cheering loudly. 

The game ended with the guy's team winning 5-3.

"Dude that game was so close!" Izabela said happily meeting the guys at the end of the dug-out.

"It felt like the longest game ever." Jeff sighed tossing his head back.

"By you guys played so well! Training has definitely been good on the arms." she joked placing a hand on his arm and Scott's.

"I home run and a double. I'm so proud." She hugged them both.

"Alright boys as fun as it has been, I'll be taking my boy and going to spend time with him before I head back home." 

The group parted ways and went to do their own thing.

Scott and Izabela sat hand in hand at an empty park as the sun was setting just enjoying the presence of the other.

"Did you pack yet?"

"To go see my dad? Yeah I did, I leave when I get back."

"Yeah I know, how do you think it'll be?"

"I think he'll be happy to see me and he'll understand why Izac and Izaiah aren't there so it won't bother him as much ya'know." she shrugged.

"Yeah, and nothing from the other two?"

"Who Ivan and Ilias? Hell no, it's been almost year. I don't think I will." she let her eyes find her fingers.

"Babe it's okay, they're missing out on how much you've grown and changed." he placed his hand on hers.

"Alright Baseball star lets  get you back, it's late."