33

*3 weeks later

Scott hadn't tried to talk to her because he just wanted to give her space but she wished he would.

Laying in her bed not knowing how to feel, Isabela just stared at the ceiling.      She heard a knock on her window which she thought was the wind so she ignored it. Another knock. She turned her head to see a figure at her window. She sat up and let her eyes adjust to see the face. 

"Monty?!" 

"Didn't I tell you to text before?!"

"Yeah, and?"

"and you didn't?"

"No." he shrugged as he climbed into her room. 

"Okay, yeah come right in."

"My dad is shit faced and kicked me out again."

She closed her window and turned to look at him. Her eyes went wide when she looked over his face.

"Holy shit look at your face."

"This is nothing." he shrugged off taking a seat on her floor. She walked into her bathroom to get a wet rag and some Neosporin. 

She walked back out and kneeled in front of him and began cleaning his face off for about the 4th time this month.

"damn princess, you always do this don't you?"

"You always come here when it happens so..." she trailed off as she cleaned her face.

He chuckled and winced when she dabbed his face. There were 3 knocks on her door that was open.

She turned to see assuming it was one of her brothers or Jeff but it was Scott.

"Scott..."

"Hey, um can I come in?"

"Y-yeah, I-I'm almost done." 

He walked in and sat on her bed watching the two on the floor.

"Sup Reed?" 

"Sup? Um... W-what is this?"

Isabela looked at Monty's face for the approval to spill on their little secret. Monty shook his head a little bit not wanting to tell him.

"Monty, come on. It's Scott." 

He shook his head again looking up the girl with pleading eyes. Only she could see that side of him. He trusted her with his life, which he didn't with anyone else.

"Mon..."

"Isabela it's okay if he doesn't want me to know, I just came to apologize for not trusting you and wish you guys the best."

"We're not together Reed. She's been helping me with my dad. He gets drunk and beats the shit out of me or kicks me out so I sleep here. NOBODY knows." he emphasized.

Scott's eyes went wide. "Dude..."

"No, don't pity me. Act like you don't know, I only told you because she doesn't deserve losing her boyfriend because she helps me..."

She finished up and looked at him. "Did you just go soft De la Cruz?" she questioned

He shoved her playfully before she collected all the band-aid wrappers and trash off the floor.

"So Is? we good?"

"As much as I love Monty, and I trust him. I'm not talking about this with him here." she said taking a seat on her bed

"I could go to Bryce's or something." Monty suggested.

"No, I don't feel like talking right now anyways, it's like midnight." She said throwing 2 pillows at Monty on the floor as he walked over to her closet to get the blanket her always used.

She threw some of Scott's clothes at him he had left at her house. 

"I didn't sign up for this sleepover, don't be fucking while I'm sleeping." Monty said before laying down

"shut up Monty." she kicked his foot before laying down.

-

The next morning she woke up to Scott's arm around her. She stood up and began to get ready for her day. 

"Oh hey, Morning."

"Morning Scotty."

"Monty's gone?"

"He always leaves before I wake up. Nobody knows he stays here." she said collecting the sheets and pillows Monty used and putting them away.

"I'm sorry..." he spoke up

She continued to pick up her room and get ready for the day.

"Isabela, I'm sorry." he stood up out the bed walking over to her.

"Scotty I heard you."

"I should've trusted you. You're such a kind-hearted person and all you do is help people, I shouldn't have trusted you and listened to you and not Monty or Bryce..."

"Scott, I would never in my life cheat on someone. If I didn't want to be with you, I would have left trust me. Monty has become one of my best friends but I would never do that to you." 

" I know, it's just that at the beginning of the year he had like this huge crush on you and I'm not too positive it's gone away and I got insecure."

"Well when you get insecure you should tell me okay?" she said as she walked into her bathroom to change.

She walked back out to a very smiley Scott.

She gave him a questioning look as she combed out her hair. "What?"

"so we're back together?"

"Who said, I haven't been asked."

"Seriously?"

She shrugged as she finshed her hair

"Isabela will you be my girlfriend AGAIN?"

"I don't know..." she walked out her room and down to the living room

"Oh hey Isa..." Jeff greeted her "Scott?!"

"Hey J.." she smiled 

"Bro, she literally tells me to ask her to be my girlfriend again and then says 'I don't know' when I do." Scott mocked as he plopped down next to Jeff on the couch

Jeff just laughed as he continued to eat his cereal.

"J, he acts like I was going to say no..." She walked over and sat across from them.

Scott's face lit up like fireworks and he tackled her and kissed her over and over again.

"Alright PDA for the bedroom, not in front of me." Jeff made a ugly face.

Hey guys! Thanks for understanding the slow updates. I really appreciate it. 

                                              love B