Chapter XV : Couldn't Be Fooled By Such Lies

Vegeta P.O.V
Leaving no stone go unturned, the pair scrutinized every fraction displayed. Kakarot remained collectively in his plastic white
chair, with his legs crossed, the pit of his knee conceals the other with his baggy orange trousers. Fisted hands rested on his lap while the rest of him slouched in his chair, perked pink lips held frowns, as eyebrows scrunching in anger upon the neon blues. Never turning, a statue to behold, for others to snap photos and snagging selfies to serve as a tribute of their admiration.

Timid underneath his harsh gaze I felt my body growing cool, too fucking tense to shift my own toes to see if they still worked. I was being consumed by my own nerves, he had my chest swelling with emotions. Sweat run down my face like no tomorrow, my hair was prickling with the salty substance, dripping from the loose strains.

I was a fool thinking he'd buy that crap...

I thought licking my dry lips nervously. I was itching to stretch my limbs, but who can possibly do that under such conditions?, shaky finger tips fumble with the sheets between their grasp as I bow my head slowly to witness the sweat stains within them, soaked from my unquiet palms.

" Vegeta... "
I flinched suddenly at the dark tone, so low an deep, I heard him voice my name in those husky vocals of his. My attention switched immediately to my love, his face still holding that pissed look.

" Baby don't lie to me..."
He continued, having the harshness lift from his voice a bit, yet still soft the ears, a meer whisper. A part of me felt like crying, am not that "Vegeta" who's expected to be dead. How dreadful...

What kind of sick joke is this?

I thought as my eyes reload with tears to shed, I just want to go home is that so much to ask?, I wanna return to the ruins I helped contribute too.

I wonder if Kakarot has gotten up as yet?, what will he do when he realizes am not their?... I need to get back to him.

I pondered, still gazing into fakes that hold my attention effortlessly. As much as I wanted to live in this fantasy, I couldn't bear the scars that come with them. His words cut deeper than a knife, for someone like myself who doesn't have thick skin, their only so much I can take.

" Vegeta..."
A devastated tone cracks through the call, broken down an worn as if on the verge of a heart break. Breaking the ice conclusions brighten his dull and hazy vision, all is made clear without a trade of words. Soon the red puffy eyes cascade tears of sorrow, bowing his head he cover his face with both hands. Swinging his leg off he crunches over onto his knees, the broken man weeps in his palms. My fingers clutch the sheets within its grasp as I too hide my shame, squeeze shut to avoid leaks I revert back to the ceiling above. Listening to the sobs and whimpering of a man whom I love helplessly....

Am sorry...
I thought tightening my gripping.