Chapter 7

When the limousine stop, the brunette heard the girl beside her gasped.

"This is the met... Its the Met Gala! Lena!"

Lena shakes her head. The excitement in the blonde girl's voice made an unwelcoming rush in her chest.

A large man in a suit opened the door and the flashing lights almost blinded Kara's eyes. The bottom of her high heels touch the red carpet and soon enough all eyes were on them. She was so overwhelmed but a touch on her elbow brought her back to reality.

Lena was now standing right beside her. She was exuding with beauty and confidence. She was different from Lena in the library. Different from the Lena in the classroom. She was intimidating.

Lena held her hand and guided her so effortlessly all throughout the process.

The green-eyed girl pulled her close as photographers take their pictures.

"To your left," Lena whispered in her ear, making the fine hairs stand up in response to her touch.

A few moments later, they were already walking inside the met.

"This is too much. God Lena, this is like a dream. Is that? Oh my god, is that Taylor Swift? Oh god, that's Rihanna, and shit, that's Angelina Jolie!"

Lena couldn't help but let out a hearty chuckle.

Kara turned to her.

"Did you just..... you chuckled!" Kara let out a laugh, then she put her hand on her mouth, reminded that its a high-class place which in need of finesse.

"I am human Danvers."

"I made the notorious Lena Kieran Luthor laugh."

Her breath hitched when Lena hold her tighter by the waist, drawing her closer. Suddenly her eyes darted to her red lips. There was nothing else in Kara's mind but only one thing. What does Lena taste like?

"Lena!" a voice called out from behind, Kara quickly pushed herself away. Her eyes went wide when she saw who it was.

"Emma." Lena greeted the other girl with a kiss on the cheek.

"I've missed you. I've heard that you were in Italy last month. You should have told me, I was in Verona for a shoot." Emma said in a perfect English accent.

"I'm sorry love, we were there for a business trip. You won't even call it a vacation. By the way, Kara, meet Emma."

"Hello! Have we met before? You look familiar. A movie perhaps?"

"Oh, I doubt that. I'm just a simple student. Nothing much for me. But you... Gosh! I looooove Harry Potter... So sorry! I can't help it." Kara blurted out as she shakes Emma's hand.

"Thank you very much love. Oh, gosh, my manager is here. Hey, if you're here for the weekend I would really like it if we hang out."

"Shhh, yes! Please." Kara was almost jumping from joy.

Emma giggled but before she goes she pulled Lena and whispered: "She's a keeper."

She was about to say something like she's just a friend but Emma was already lost in the crowd.

Alright, yes, she finally admits it to herself. She likes Kara. But it was all new to her. And its too soon to tell. But it is more than a girl crush and truth is, she had plenty. Even Emma fell into that category. But Kara, she was different. She looks at the other girl and felt nothing but happiness when she saw Kara gawking at all the celebrities. She was staring for a while and jolted when she felt a warm soft squeeze on her hand.

"Hey... Thank you." as they sat on the table reserved for them.

"For what?" Lena asked.

"For everything. I just can't believe that I'm here with you. To be honest Lena, I was afraid to approach you at first."

"Because I'm a Luthor?"

"No! For me, you were an enigma. When I first saw you, you were like this girl who is very smart and sophisticated but rarely talks much. I've watched you but I can't read to you, and I am very good at reading people."

"So you were afraid to approach me before because I was smart? I don't follow."

"It's not just that... You're really really pretty, no, gorgeous. Please don't make me say it."

Lena leaned back om jer chair and chuckled as she sees that Kara was all flustered.

"Look at you, with your perfect eyebrows and jaw. You're green eyes and that smirked, oh god, yeah. There's nothing intimidating in that."

"Kara, to be also completely honest, for me, you are the most beautiful woman in this room."

"Hello, we are literally surrounded by all of this A list stars."

But Lena gazed at her alluringly and grinned

"And yet all I see is you."